• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:00:25 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Plans for 2016

Started by Quiet_Man, December 10, 2015, 01:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastjacko

Just thinking laterally here, could you put some kind of filter on the end of your dip tube, along the lines of a tea bag that lets the liquid goodness through but stops most of the solids?

Bazza

Quick update. Fermenting in cornies works!

Write-up to follow.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

Belfast leg of the Nationals 2016 - Done.

Back to our local calendar guys.

When is the next meet? Are we thinking of changing the venue to Brewbot?

Anyone heading to Dublin on the 5th?

Brewcon?

I know we probably talked about this last night, but head is a bit fuzzy this morning!

Bazza

Hah. Know what you mean about the fuzzy head, Andy.

Well, it's official: Brewbot is our new meet venue. Had a chat with Stephen last night.  Only thing is we'll have to change the night to a Wednesday as it suits them best. But sure that won't interfere with any of our Champoins League plans  :(

March 5th - can't do.

Brew con - we did have the chat and looks like there's a few of us keen to go.

Next meet - early March?

-Barry

― Groucho Marx

redshift

Sweet, if it's on a Wednesday night I might actually be able to make it to a few meets  :)
Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another drink...

robotmonkey

March 5th - still don't know whether to go down or to go to the Boundary Tap Takeover

Brew Con, I'll be heading down but most likely getting the late bus back up to Belfast

Currently any Wednesday is good for me in March expect 23rd.

banjobrew

Dublin leg I can't go to.

Any night suits me for meets usually.

As far as Brewcon goes, I'm not sure. I might go and take a bus back like robomonk.

Next venture for me is to use these Slovenian hops and try out my keg now that I've the CO2 sorted.
Belfast Homebrewers.

Ciaran

Brewbot suits me for any wednesday in march at this point unless work messes that up for me.

Have registered for Brewcon, hoping to be able to go this year. Day return on the train and few beers after?

sub82

Sounds good to me!

Yeah seriously thinking about BrewCon. Train or bus down and back would be good!

Bazza

Re Brewcon, I deffo could sell the back home same night thing better so looks like there's a good few of us of similar thought.

Did not know you had to register already so have I missed the boat?

-Barry

― Groucho Marx

sub82

Don't think you need to register. Think that's only for updates but the tickets for members go on sale today I think?

Leann ull

Tickets on sale probably end of this week exclusively to members first one week before general sale
This one is gonna be good and like the Nationals we expect a sellout.

Quiet_Man

robotmonkey

Well that's my ticket for BrewCon booked

Bazza

― Groucho Marx