• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:34:48 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Belfast Club Meet - February 4th, 8pm - Spoons

Started by Bazza, January 08, 2016, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

That's right, folks; first meet of the Belfast brewers in 2016.

Hoping to see a mixture of old and new members.

The only pre-requisite is that you bring at least one of the following:
- yourself
- homebrew samples, either for critique or just to show off how effing good they are
- questions - remember; no question is stupid - only people are stupid
- ideas / suggestions for future events (e.g. brewday's, equpiment builds, brewery visit, etc)
- any other ideas loosely brewing-related
- gimp mask (Andy suggested this one; 'see what way the night goes' were his exact words)
- a thirst for knowledge, beer and power (Power's?)

No agenda as yet, but it'd be good to devote some time towards discussing the upcoming Belfast heat of the Nationals; we need all the help we can get, so this discussion is for everyone, old and new.

In the interests of providing Spoons with approximate numbers please reply if you think you can make it.

Also, please reply with anything you'd like to see covered during the meet. Remember; this is your club, and it's your club to use.

See you there!

- Barry

N.B. My wife is missing her weekly yoga class so I can go to this meet. I've still  no idea what the payback will be for this but I won't lie that I'm a little scared. Now there's dedication, right there.

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

banjobrew

I'm in.

Got a session IPA punk clone should be done by then.

I think it's important we discuss the Nationals but if anyone has some knowledge and experience with balancing beer lines I'd appreciate it before I even think of connecting the gas!
Belfast Homebrewers.

robotmonkey

Works for me. Have a Black IPA that should be ready by then I wouldn't mind some feedback on.

Quiet_Man

Happy New Year to you too......................Git!

Look, it takes all sorts!

I just thought - in trying to attract new membership - that we could reach out to those beer gimps who are just to shy to approach us in 'Spoons.

I'm sure, once they realise that we even take in strays from Tyrone, they would feel more comfortable - once they got over the language barrier!

Oh, and I'll get back to you about the 4th. Going to look into going down to the Alltech event that weekend.....hear there are some great gimp clubs in Dublin!

Leann ull

Blow-ins welcome? gonna try and make it to talk comp. Andy can you not do both!, I'll even bring the the cat o' nine tails ;)

Quiet_Man

Belfast Brewers.....as discussed, I have started putting together some info on accommodation near Brewbot, for anyone who might want to stay over on the 20th Feb.

I am not making recommendations, these are the closest (walking distance) from Brewbot. If you know anymore please add them to the list.

Andy_B

Bazza

Quote from: CH on January 08, 2016, 11:13:00 PM
Blow-ins welcome? gonna try and make it to talk comp. Andy can you not do both!, I'll even bring the the cat o' nine tails ;)

Ah sure Wicklow's practically South Belfast. More than welcome, man; be good to see you there.

Come to think if it, most of us 'Belfast' lads are blow-ins of one description or another anyway.

Cheers,

- Barry
― Groucho Marx

banjobrew

Quote from: Bazza on January 09, 2016, 12:44:04 PM
Quote from: CH on January 08, 2016, 11:13:00 PM

Ah sure Wicklow's practically South Belfast. More than welcome, man; be good to see you there.

Come to think if it, most of us 'Belfast' lads are blow-ins of one description or another anyway.

Cheers,

- Barry

True that. From the mountains of mourne myself. Will be good to see you there!
Belfast Homebrewers.

belfastjacko

As I said before I work shifts, unfortunately this one falls on a night shift for me so I'm out. I'll keep my eyes peeled for next one though.

Roo

Not gonna be able to make this one and I've nothing brewed in a while. Sorry lads.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Quiet_Man

Don't have to bring anything..........just yourself!...............tell us about that Grainfather thingy.........

Bazza

Hi All,

Just a reminder; first Belfast meet of 2016 is this day fortnight. Get your applications submitted to your SO's now or, even better, bring them along! Better than any dinner dance, since there's no obligation to spend 100+ quid on a raffle ticket to win a signed football that you didn't want.

Everybody welcome.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

irish_goat

Ryan