• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 07:33:42 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Silicon Hose split a roll

Started by Blackbrew, November 22, 2012, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbrew

November 22, 2012, 04:33:09 PM Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 04:33:24 PM by Blackbrew
I'm looking to pick up some large ID silicon hose for my liquid transfers via pump. The plan is to get a hose with a large enough ID to fit over 1/2 MPT fittings (without having to restrict the flow with hose barbs).

I have got various specifications and prices back but most sell in a min of 5m/10m/20m rolls.  So if anyone else is looking for silicon hose and wants to split a roll, let me know.

Currently the best option is from tapflo.ie

15.87 mm id FDA certified braided silicone tube – Vena Technosil
Min 10 mtr coils
€ 165.00 per coil

Or if anyone who knows more about pumps (and if the larger hose will really matter) or silicon hose supply for less let me know  :)

Spud395

I used Lab Unlimited before.
It's a little bit of hassle you need to set up an account but really only a few minutes.

They sell by the meter
Non modo......sed etiam

Blackbrew

November 22, 2012, 05:14:12 PM #2 Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 05:22:06 PM by Blackbrew
Cheers Spud, might try some of the 12 mm from here and see if the flow rate is OK.

Edit
Baaa the delivery is €15 bit steep...

Spud395

Not used them in a year but I got free delivery, €15 is steep all right.
I did state I was a brewery owner (never said what size  ;D) and set up business a/c, dont know if that makes any difference
Non modo......sed etiam

Paul

Plenty of ebay sellers doing cheap shipping.  Got some last week.

Will_D

This is where I get my silicon tubing and sheets:

http://stores.ebay.ie/Schilder-Silicon?_rdc=1

Never had a problem, good shipping and a HUGE product range

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

christhebrewer

I already ordered some 12mm ID hose from labunlimited. Should have it next week. I hope it will work with 1/2" copper. If you want to hang on a few days I'll confirm if it works out before you order. It's about €5 a metre.

Blackbrew

Went with Schilder-Silicon in the end from Will_D ebay link. Sorted !