• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:39:03 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Stout tap

Started by rukkus, November 13, 2012, 07:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rukkus

Does anyone know where i would pick up a stout tap? I've been looking around but they are hard to come by.

Cahalbrua

The dalex taps with the creamer nozzle are a cheap option.can't find any pic's of the restrictor in these creamer nozzles.but in a stout tap their are 5 pin holes so should be something similiar in the creamer nozzle.you could ask the seller for pic's.their only around £15.
Cathal

rukkus

Are they made of plastic?

Cahalbrua

Yeah like i say cheap option.id say they're good quality as they're used in pubs.ask on jims what people think of them
and has the creamer nozzle a proper stout restrictor.
Cathal

rukkus

Cheers i'll have a closer look into them

rukkus

rukkus

Nice one. How much did you want for it? Is it on a long shank? I keep my taps in the fridge at the moment to avoid drilling in my fridge ;)

rukkus

rukkus

Sweet, i might be able to cobble something together. At the moment they sit like this https://mobile.twitter.com/davidconde/status/253231061906112512/photos how much did you want for it?

rukkus

I got a regulator from candirect that fits a 60l sodastream bottle. Its really handy as i can just get gas in argos etc. i just keep a few bottles on standby in case one is empty as they dont hold a huge amount of gas.

rukkus

Oh and the thing holding the taps is a bread bin that i got in home store and more. I drilled a hole in the back for the taps and the beer line goes in the door at the front (or the back in that pic ;) )

rukkus

November 15, 2012, 09:38:47 PM #11 Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:39:18 PM by rukkus
@tube would you be able to send it down with my grain?

figr0ll

QuoteI got a regulator from candirect that fits a 60l sodastream bottle. Its really handy as i can just get gas in argos etc. i just keep a few bottles on standby in case one is empty as they dont hold a huge amount of gas.

Do you have a link to that regulator. The only one I could find is this one.

http://www.hopandgrape.co.uk/public/detailv1.asp?itemcode=REG20133872

Not sure if it's the right thing and It's basically €100 delivered.

rukkus

I cant give a direct link as it looks like you cant link directly to products on their site but if you go to www.candirect.co.uk and search for product number 63889025 it should come up. When mine arrived it only had one gauge on it but it does the job.

Rossa

A mate has an old Guinness tap but there is no threaded  connector bit at the back. How or where can I get something to fit this and what sorta pressure in would I need to drive the beer through the restrictor plate with co2?