• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 07:54:34 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Belfast Club Meet - Wed. 6th April - Brewbot

Started by Bazza, March 18, 2016, 02:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaunG89

I'll be down shortly after 9 as well lads, see yous then!

robotmonkey

Great craic tonight guys, see you for BrewCon (if not before)

Quiet_Man

What a turnout!

Great to see everyone last night, with some great beers on show.

What is everyone's opinion on the new venue?

Looking forward to Brewcon! Won't we all look pretty!

Leann ull

Roo

I liked the set up and to be fair when they are so welcoming its hard not to like it. I thought we won the "Nerd" prize but I think we came a close second to the Dungeons and Dragons lads playing Pokemon beside us. Best turn out I've been at and yes some great beers. I should've taken the empty bottle of Citra home to sniff the hops for a fix.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

ShaunG89

I'll bring some bottles on the 23rd and you can sniff the whole way down to dublin! Great night lads and lots of lovely beers.

Bazza

April 07, 2016, 10:46:24 AM #36 Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:21:44 AM by Bazza
Have to echo all the comments. Great turnout, some excellent beers and a good laugh. I enjoyed it so much I have a sore head today. That's over-excitement for you  :-\

Brewbot were excellent hosts; accommodating, helpful and welcoming. I wouldn't hesitate in using them for future meets, if the rest of you were in agreement.

We should shoot for a post-brewcon meet, either late April or early May. From chatting with Steven from Brewbot last night, he was as eager for a repeat performance as the rest of us. Good to see.

@Chris - Stephen T says 'thanks' for the tshirt. If that hasn't persuaded him to part with 10 euro I don't know what will :)

Anyway, great night, and thanks to all who attended. Did anyone take any photos?

Cheers,

-Barry

Quote from: CH on April 07, 2016, 10:00:18 AM
Do you guys have a banner?

Yep, we have our Belfast Brewers banner, which we'll be taking with us down to Brewcon. With our  banner, our rough accents and the new club tshirts we'll be catnip to the Southern ladies  :P

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Ciaran

Yes a great night, big turnout and lots of fantastic beers on offer and also agree about brewbot, they looked after us very well.  Cheers to Gareth for sorting out the t-shirts.

Liked the idea of group buying from geterbrewed etc to combine shipping.  I'm up for that any time anyone in belfast is putting in an order.  Maybe if we just post up next time any of us order something or use the whatsapp group to throw it out there?

Touch wood and fingers crossed etc, but I seem to have sorted out my astringency issue.

Looking forward to brewcon. 

Ryan

Sorry I couldn't stay long, was nice to see everyone again.   

robotmonkey

I'd got back to BrewBot again for it, cracking turn out as well. I'll stick a message on the forum the next time I'm putting an order in with The Homebrew Company.

See you all for the early train to BrewCon!

robotmonkey

Shall I stick my American Pale Ale down on the BrewCon Carboy Cup page (http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php/topic,15191.0.html) or does anyone have anything they think might fair better?

ShaunG89

I've a few bottles of the citra pale ale there too if anybody thinks that is worth entering. Whatever you think yourselves lads. 

Ciaran

Roo

My secret vote is for the Citra.....it was my favourite.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

sub82

Have one I'd hoped to be considered but didn't bring it last night. Would it be worth having a meet solely focused on picking a beer for BrewCon? Does everyone have enough stocks?

No worries either way.