• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:11:20 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Stainless fittings

Started by dcalnan, September 13, 2016, 01:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcalnan

I was needing some stainless street elbows for brewing this weekend for my chugger pump, panicked last week and ordered some from the UK on eBay. They were around €5 each with postage and they were meant to be here yesterday, checked with the seller and they weren't sent yet, so looked up stainless fittings in Cork, and called over to Petrochem in little island on lunch they had exactly what I needed and I got two of them for €5, the lads inside are really nice and were all interested in beer making, they have a huge amount of stainless fittings so if you're ever stuck call over to them.

Leann ull

Food grade stainless can you take a pic?
Great value

dcalnan

It's 316, gave up on Tapatalk working

Shanna

Quote from: dcalnan on September 13, 2016, 01:34:25 PM
I was needing some stainless street elbows for brewing this weekend for my chugger pump, panicked last week and ordered some from the UK on eBay. They were around €5 each with postage and they were meant to be here yesterday, checked with the seller and they weren't sent yet, so looked up stainless fittings in Cork, and called over to Petrochem in little island on lunch they had exactly what I needed and I got two of them for €5, the lads inside are really nice and were all interested in beer making, they have a huge amount of stainless fittings so if you're ever stuck call over to them.
Any chance of them becoming a regular supplier do you reckon? Even if they were slightly more expensive I think people here would beat a path to their door if they offered some kind of competitively priced gear. If your over there again any time in the future do you reckon you could broach it with them? Otherwise I will chance my wonderfully stiff brassed neck and try and cold approach :) Having got recently stung by Ebay Supplier for customers duty on a DHL delivery with free postage I would be interested in using an Irish supplier.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

johnrm

Trading up the brass neck for stainless then?

Shanna

Quote from: johnrm on September 13, 2016, 06:50:31 PM
Trading up the brass neck for stainless then?
I resemble that remark :)

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

dcalnan

I'll ask them about it, they supply a good few breweries already so they might be up for helping homebrewers.

Shanna

Quote from: dcalnan on September 14, 2016, 01:59:55 PM
I'll ask them about it, they supply a good few breweries already so they might be up for helping homebrewers.
If they say yes would you reckon they would give a small discount to members?

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

SkiBeagle

Nice find, D! Postage and everything else nearly doubles the price of stuff coming from abroad. Great to find a local supplier. You can also pop into Hosetech and pick up some hose while you're on the island (not cheap - but they're very helpful and have a lot of stuff).

Will_D

@Shanna:

In North Dubland we use Total Stainless:

www.totalstainless.ie

They will give homebrewers a discount - just say the big baldy Welsh Git aka Will said to call round!!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Shanna

Quote from: Will_D on September 14, 2016, 08:33:36 PM
@Shanna:

In North Dubland we use Total Stainless:

www.totalstainless.ie

They will give homebrewers a discount - just say the big baldy Welsh Git aka Will said to call round!!
Would it be okay to get them listed as a supplier on the page with all the others.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer