• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 09:52:08 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BSc Brewing and Distilling - Carlow IT

Started by irish_goat, September 22, 2016, 10:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

Big news on the education front. Carlow IT are launching a 4 year degree in Brewing and Distilling, the first in Ireland. Starts September 2017.

http://www.hospitalityireland.com/carlow-launches-irelands-first-brewing-distilling-degree/32464

dcalnan

I saw that as well, where was it when I was filling in my Cao form 6 years ago.

Ed

if they had a part time \ distance learning version I reckon they'd clean up...

DarraghKS

It is part time. 20 weeks for 3 hours a week.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ed

sure all college is part time :P

I should have just said distance learning really...

Leann ull

240 hours for a degree jeebus, at that rate Dean Davis, Chancellor Dempsey and Prof Molc all graduated years ago from NHC forum. Me? Oh I'm just here repeating my finals for the third time and scrubbing the lavs

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Qs

Quote from: DarraghKS on October 03, 2016, 10:29:04 AM
It is part time. 20 weeks for 3 hours a week.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Really? I could deal with that

pob

Nah, a bit more complicated.

Was speaking with them yesterday (David Dowling, they're really enthusiastic about it), it's a 4yr full time Hons Science Degree course, with lots of industry input to create relevant course content .

The CPD (3hrs/wk) is a modular parallel course aimed at those within the industry who want to only complete the related topics.

Each module (once completed) is graded at its own level Fetec 6/7 (depending on topic) so you'd be certified at that level, but the Degree is the full 4yr jobbie.

They have yet to confirm dates, really based on when they get enough interest to make it (economically) worthwhile to run.

I'm interested in these CPD part but the suggested 6-10pm in Carlow is a non runner - however they were open to perhaps doing it daytime/weekend? depending on interest.

So suggest to put your name down with a suitable time, you may not catch the first running of it but maybe on its 2nd rollout.

Now to get funding...