• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:51:55 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BJCP Tasting Exam 2016

Started by Partridge9, October 03, 2016, 09:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partridge9

Folks we are running the tasting exam in Dublin on Sunday December 4th 11am.
Venue is TBA.

If anyone want to sit it please let us know on here - cost is 60 euro - space very limited.
Priority to those on the course (participants and teachers), then exam re-takers.

We will be running the mock exam in November - all welcome to that - details later this month.

James

Partridge9

Closing registration for the Tasting exam on Tuesday 11th October.

If interested please get in touch before then.

Thanks

James

Partridge9

Ok folks - this is well overdue

Closing this up -

I Have a people from Europe pinging me for spaces.

I'll email all people who attended the classes over the last 2 year as a final final reminder.

Hingo

Quote from: Partridge9 on October 24, 2016, 07:54:10 PM
Ok folks - this is well overdue

Closing this up -

I Have a people from Europe pinging me for spaces.

I'll email all people who attended the classes over the last 2 year as a final final reminder.

What's the plan come Sunday? Is there a venue sorted?

Will_D

Good Luck to all taking the exam!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Pheeel

Just want to say thanks to everyone who helped organize this. The tasting exam wasn't as scary as I thought it might be. Had great fun!!
Issues with your membership? PM me!

Padraic

Less stressful than I thought it would be! But I must say I have a feeling that I'll be resorting it next time..

Thanks to everyone for pulling this together! I appreciate how hard it is to organise all the tastings and on the day itself!

I hope everyone gets good marks and that the bjcp don't make us wait nine months!

Padraic

I got an email this morning with my bjcp credentials. Does it take long after that email to get exam results?

It probably doesn't really give much of an indication but can anyone who say the exam before check how long it was between that email and their results?

molc

We got our numbers in about a month and the results came out the following summer. Bjcp have a massive backlog alas.

Just get out there judging and the rest will follow :)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Pheeel

Yeh got a bit excited this morning :(

Leann ull

Well done to all the newly qualified judges, need to get your points now in comps

giacomo

The backlog seems to have improved significantly (at least, that's what was reported at the last AGM...)

I imagine you guys would know something soon enough :)

Pheeel

Just got the email this morning. I got 77!!

Leann ull

Skittlebrau

Got an 81! Looking forward to judging competitions. Well done to all for organising, your efforts are highly appreciated.