• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 04:47:24 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Beer Books

Started by irish_goat, October 25, 2016, 08:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

Well folks, I have an Easons voucher to the tune of €25 and was thinking I might just get a beer book and was looking at American Sour Beers by Michael Tonsmeire. http://www.easons.com/p-3082855-american-sour-beers.aspx

But if anyone has other suggestions please fire away. I already own The Brewmasters Table and both of Gordon Strong's books so don't need those.

BrewDorg

I'm working my way through the Kindle version of Chris White's book 'Yeast'. It's very good so far, but can't give a full review yet. Definitely one I'll reference back to a lot.

oblivious

I would highly recommend american sour

garciaBernal

Also recommend American Sours. And also Wild Brews by Jeff Sparrow if that's the route you are heading down. Want to get my hands on Brewing Local by Stan Heironymous too.
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

imark

The yeast book is excellent as is wild brews

irish_goat

Is there much practical use in the yeast book or is it just an interesting read though?

molc

Quote from: irish_goat on October 26, 2016, 09:16:45 AM
Is there much practical use in the yeast book or is it just an interesting read though?
Lots of good process information, though more of use as a reference for a few things.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Bubbles

"Brew like a Monk" and "Farmhouse Ales" are great reads. Nice mix of travel guide, brewing history and recipes and discussion of so many well known Belgian beers.

Not home-brewing related, but Michael Jackson's "Great Beers of Belgium" is definitely in my top 3 beer books. So much information in it, and it's great inspiration for brewing.

Ryan

Quote from: irish_goat on October 25, 2016, 08:15:17 AM
Well folks, I have an Easons voucher to the tune of €25 and was thinking I might just get a beer book and was looking at American Sour Beers by Michael Tonsmeire. http://www.easons.com/p-3082855-american-sour-beers.aspx

But if anyone has other suggestions please fire away. I already own The Brewmasters Table and both of Gordon Strong's books so don't need those.

Downloaded american sour  the other day,. interesting enough so far, worth a purchase