• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 05:50:18 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

AliExpress taps

Started by vinyljunkie, November 08, 2016, 01:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcalnan

With those ones you really need the specific shank for them, I have one and I barely use it. The intertap faucets should be back soon, they were upgrading them so there's a version 2 available now. https://youtu.be/_9sGl8o4n_4

Slev

How are these taps working out for those who bought?

Am slowly putting together bits and pieces for kegging,  so looking at maybe picking up a pair of these intertsp flow control ones.  Just wondering how the taps from the Ali vendor in the op worked out in use?

BrewDorg

Never owned any other type of taps but I can't fault these at all. Flow control is the mutts nuts, I couldn't imagine owning taps without it now. Being able to twist off the nozzle and fit on my growler filler nozzle is great and for a nitro setup, doing the same with the stout nozzle is great option. Only tiny gripe I have is that on one of my taps, the flow control lever sits a bit off compared to the other one. Just mean that when full closed, it looks like it's pushed forward a small bit. I took the entire tap apart to inspect and it looks like it's a small inaccuracy in the machining of the flow control barrel. Doesn't affect operation at all, but just a small inconsistency between the two.

TL;DR: Would recommend A+

Slev

So if I were to pick up a pair of these,  where woukd be tge best place to pick up shanks that would fit? 

(sorry about the questions,  but didn't see a link to shnks inbthe thread)

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/1000001060668.html#autostay

BrewDorg

I got my shanks from the same seller. Ordered the wrong type from a different seller first by accident. Torturous month waiting on the right ones then  :(

Slev

Thanks brewdog.  Am sold,  i think