• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 09:14:04 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

May/June meet and brew day?

Started by Roo, May 02, 2017, 09:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roo

It is always open to all and we encourage more and more to come along. If nothing else it's some craic
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

banjobrew

Quote from: Quiet_Man on May 23, 2017, 06:34:37 PM
"It'd also be a good way to show off the Grainfather as an all-in-one brewing solution"

As opposed to what? Brewbot?

Ouch!!!

Oh no you didn't!
Belfast Homebrewers.

Bazza

Quote from: banjobrew on May 23, 2017, 09:38:33 PM
Quote from: Quiet_Man on May 23, 2017, 06:34:37 PM
"It'd also be a good way to show off the Grainfather as an all-in-one brewing solution"

As opposed to what? Brewbot?

Ouch!!!

Oh no you didn't!

:)

There's likely very few of the old guard left there to pick up on the (unintentional) irony.

I'll confirm the 17th with them today.

Mark from SPBW had specified a Kentish Ale as a preferred brew. I've plenty of EKG, Pale and Crystal, Biscuit and Amber. Only other consideration is yeast.

Maybe a decent Spitfire clone?

Roo/Ciaran: will you be in contact with GEB any time in the next couple of weeks? Might be worth mentioning our plans to them in case they fancy popping in.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Ciaran

I also have plenty of grain that needs used up now that I'm out of the house for 10 weeks - I won't be using it any time soon.  Also should have a range of hops that might be useful. I can try GEB and see if they're interested.

Bazza

Got confirmation from Brewbot today that Saturday 17th June is a go-er.

The only minor issue is that the bar doesn't open till 1pm, but they've said we can come in and start at 12pm when the staff arrive. Suits me, as I'm always self-conscious about drinking pints before noon :P

So, officially it's: Belfast Homebrewers brew day Saturday 17th June at 12pm in Brewbot bar. Everyone welcome.

I'll ping Mark from SPBW to see if he has a preferred recipe.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Paddy

banjobrew

I've double-booked so it's a ? for now.
Belfast Homebrewers.

Roo

Ditch the other thing and hang out wit your homies
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

redshift

Everyone has to believe in something, I believe I'll have another drink...

Ceedee

Onthebrew

i might show my face if that's  all right?  Was the brew decided in the end?

Bazza

Quote from: Onthebrew on June 06, 2017, 11:27:01 AM
i might show my face if that's  all right?  Was the brew decided in the end?

Yep; come along. Always good to see new members.

Probably going to settle on a Spitfire clone.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Onthebrew

Excellent, on my list that one.

Bazza

Hi folks,

Last reminder about our wee brewing event in Brewbot tomorrow.

Hoping to start as near to 12pm as possible, although the bar doesn't officially open till 1pm, but hoping to have the strike water heated by that stage.

The gorgeous Ruairi will be showcasing his Grainfather system as we throw together a Kentish style ale for conditioning in a wooden pin, supplied by SPBW NI.

Should be a great day. So forget that big yellow boyo in the sky and come join is in the excellent Brewbot bar.

We're all planning on sporting our Belfast Brew Club finery, right?

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Roo

Rock and a hard place for me Barry. I'm torn between official Club attire  and the Grainfather tee and truckers cap.

Screw it....there's more quality in the polo.