• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 11:44:24 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Where to get hop bags in Belfast

Started by kilianw, May 12, 2017, 11:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilianw

Does any one have tips on where to get muslin in Belfast? Boots/ Tesco/ Nature's Way?

I'm looking to do some dry-hopping for brew #3

Roo

Dunno but I don't use them. I just drop them into the fermenter and they settle at the bottom during cold crash
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

johnrm

Bazza

Don't know of any bricks and mortar options but I bought a load of small hop bags from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-Home-Brew-Nylon-Straining-Muslin-Bag-With-Pull-Cord-Beer-Hop-Wine-Spice-Herb-/231757390902?hash=item35f5d12436

I've a load of them so if you're stuck I can bung you a few.

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

Chris - we're on to soft furnishings again - think this is your department!

Spinning Wheel I think was the main supplier of muslin / nylon voiles which you can get made up into BIAB bags.

You can buy smaller ready made up bags suitable for hopping from Geterbrewed. Got some nylon ones this week.

kilianw

Cheers for the links guys. nylon bags are in the post ... from China.
Investigating cold crashing is on the to-do list after a deeper dive into water chemistry.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Ciaran

House of homebrew normally stock them, best to ring ahead though.  If you're using pellets get the fine mesh ones. 
http://hohb.designbyflare.com/equipment/filtering

Bazza

Quote from: Quiet_Man on May 12, 2017, 12:54:38 PM
Chris - we're on to soft furnishings again - think this is your department!

You haven't met Chris, Kilian. He's the Mr. Humphreys of the group.
(really showing my age there)

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

kilianw

Bazza - Ha the classics live forever

Ciaran - good point on the fine-ness

sub82

;D

Thanks that, lads!

Paragon on Donegall Pass also does excellent Voile! While you're there you can also pick up some material for your Valances.

Ceedee

Not sure if you got sorted yet, but just saw laundry bags in Lidl and they looked to be fine enough to keep the hop debris at bay. They are £1.99 for two.

Might be worth a look if there's one nearby?

banjobrew

Belfast Homebrewers.

Ceedee

Did you get sorted on the hop bags ? Wifey just bought something called a Nut Milk Bag off Amazon and the mesh on this thing is incredibly small. I had to buy another as it'll be ideal for filtering from FV into priming

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HaveSome-Goods-Nut-Milk-Bag/dp/B00KX9YI9W/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1496242347&sr=8-17&keywords=nut+milk+bag

robotmonkey

May 31, 2017, 03:57:10 PM #13 Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 08:03:26 PM by robotmonkey
I won't lie, I'm finding it really hard not to write an innudendo about "Nut milk bag"

Ceedee

Yep!! Same here, I had to resist! I was worried when the missus said she'd bought a nut milk bag!