• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 10:49:48 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Capital Brewers - I can't believe it's not Lambic - Kettle Sour competition

Started by DoubleG, August 11, 2017, 10:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beerfly

Quote from: johnrm on August 17, 2017, 03:16:26 PM
Wondering if Kit Sours are allowed...  ???

would have to be extract at least, the hopping levels in kits would prevent souring also your beer would not be reproducable

Dr Jacoby

Cathal and Emma could easily hire a lackey to dump a few dozen canisters of kit slop into the boiler...
Every little helps

Hingo

DoubleG

Good site here on how to do a kettle sour using fast souring method. I've tried it myself before and you can turn around a pretty decent sour in a couple of weeks.

http://sourbeerblog.com/fast-souring-lactobacillus/

DoubleG

Still plenty of spots for entries to the sour competition. There was some good quality sours at the Capital Brewers meet during the week, turnaround time for most of them was very quick so plenty of time to get brewing still.

Hingo

Doing mine this weekend. Reasonable enough abv (sub 5%) so once its in the bottle in a couple of weeks it can condition all the way to the day

DoubleG

Hi Everyone,

Registration for this competition closes this Saturday the 23rd of September!
Please make sure you have your entries logged in the system before then

Thank you

Hingo

Quote from: DoubleG on September 19, 2017, 12:17:04 PM
Hi Everyone,

Registration for this competition closes this Saturday the 23rd of September!
Please make sure you have your entries logged in the system before then

Thank you

and paid, if they're not paid, they're not confirmed and will be not included when the registration window will close.

DoubleG

All entries have been confirmed and collected. The judging will take place this Saturday in the Headline bar. We have some great prizes from Rascals on offer, including the chance to brew your winning beer with Rascals!

Thank you to everyone who entered and best of luck!

DoubleG

Some great prizes on offer today courtesy of Rascals. Judging just getting underway!

DoubleG

Results are in!

1st Simon Finnegan - Margerita Gose
2nd Ian Lynch - Margerita Gose
3rd Sean Conlon - Pineapple and Mango Berliner Weisse

Great standard of beers in the best of show, interesting battle of the Margerita Gose!

Simon_

Ha! I really thought my idea was the most original ever.
I'm super chuffed

DoubleG

Had a bit of trouble with uploading the scoresheets online. I have emailed them out now to the entrants. Let me know if you have any problems or didn't get them.

Thanks again to everyone who took part!