• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 12:06:50 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Bottles

Started by belfastjacko, September 10, 2017, 08:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastjacko

I've never used recycled bottles before. When I started i got one of those cooper kits with the PRT screw cap bottles, then I went to grolsch type flip lids.

I'm just curious can I re-use any beer bottle? Like my mates left a load of Heineken bottles at a house party last time?

clanz

Quote from: belfastjacko on September 10, 2017, 08:21:24 PM
I've never used recycled bottles before. When I started i got one of those cooper kits with the PRT screw cap bottles, then I went to grolsch type flip lids.

I'm just curious can I re-use any beer bottle? Like my mates left a load of Heineken bottles at a house party last time?

Yeah I use recycled bottles all the time.  I just rinse them when I've finished the beer and give 'em a scrub and sterilise them before using them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

belfastjacko

Aye I read somewhere that you couldn't use mass produced beer bottles like bud or Heineken, only use "proper beer," bottles? I'm guessing that's balls

Roo

Pure balls. As long as the cap fits....I've used 330ml coors light for ages.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Quiet_Man

Ah!....That's what your beer tastes of...... ;D ;D ;D

TheSumOfAllBeers

You want to consider the strength of the bottle. Macro lager are often as light as they can make them.

But you should be able to use a wide variety bottles. But use brown glass.

Belgian 330 ML bottles are the best

Roo

Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.