• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 03:58:44 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Sweetmans Homebrew Challenge and Cask Weekend

Started by IrelOFarrell, September 18, 2017, 05:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

Quote from: Andrew on October 24, 2017, 03:38:51 PM
I was contacted long before the posters went up.

Good to know; thanks. Had I known that at the time I, personally, would have been happy for the logo to be used :-\

All this aside, good luck to all involved; the entrants, those helping out, and Irél and the guys at Sweetmans  :)

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

irish_goat

Winners announced.

QuoteAfter an arduous weekend of drinking beer we have finally chosen the podium fillers for our first ever Homebrew Challenge !

In first place, the recipient of the Perpetual Cup and Best In Show, give a hand for......
Brian McSorely with his Stout ' Black 'O'Lantern ' , soon to be available on cask here at Sweetmans !
Second place goes to Alan Walsh with his ' Nutty Porter '
Tadeusz Tazbierski comes in a close third with his ' Tete-a-Tete '  Irish Stout.

Thanks very much to all our entrants and commiserations to those of you who didn't make the cut this year but you can have you revenge in October 2018.
Thanks also to our judges, all the staff here at Sweetmans and to our partners for all the hard work to bring this all together.

Andrew

Andrew
@beoirfinder

auralabuse

Delighted with second place, its the 2nd comp ever entered so gotta be happy with that. I will stick up the recipe here during the week if anyone is interested.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

molc

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter