• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 06:20:02 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

REGULAR MEET DATES

Started by Roo, September 19, 2017, 11:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roo

At the risk of taking the bull by the horns we are cementing dates for our meetings. I think it's fair to say that if we have good notice of the dates set in stone then we can clear the calander for them. We aren't regular enough in the "Meet" department. Putting it out to vote hasn't really been effective enough at the minute. Let's try this to see if we can drive our numbers up on a more consistent basis. Meetings will be held every 8 weeks in the regular spot and time, Brewbot Ormeau Road 7:30-8pm start. 

Oct 19th 17
Dec 14th 17
Feb 8th 18
Apr 5th 18
Mar 31st 18

And so on and so forth.

As always new members to the forum are welcomed whether  you are bringing your wares or not. If you need a question answered there's enough here with vast experience that are only too happy to help. Lots of different brewing set ups too and a plethora of styles that are attempted. My first few meetings I had a list of questions written down to get answers from.....they were answered.

Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

belfastjacko

I work a 4 week rotation, and you've picked the dates I work a late night

belfastjacko

So for me (and let's face it, it's all about me) a meet every 5/6 weeks would suit better.

See I give a problem, and I find the solution

Roo

How much do you want to leave that job and get a new one that suits the dates?

See you give a problem and I fix it lol
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

kingnidge

I've just joined and keen to got the meetings but those Thursday dates don't suit as I've another once a month Thursday night commitment,  and it's those night you mentioned Roo

belfastjacko

There we go roo, it's not just me.

Roo

I'm sure the following week could be achieved if it suits. I had that date down for selfish reasons so that I'd be able to commit to being there. I can work with it. My point was that we need a solid date well in advance. Wonder can I edit the original post to Oct 26th

belfastjacko

Yeah I know I was trolling. Anyway for me personally, something like every 5 weeks or 6 weeks would suit because I'd miss some but I'd make some, means if you have other monthly commitments you aren't automatically ruled out? Just a suggestion

Ciaran

6 weeks might work...2 weeks brewing, 4 weeks conditioning

Roo

Quote from: Ciaran on September 19, 2017, 09:42:45 PM
6 weeks might work...2 weeks brewing, 4 weeks conditioning

Oh yeah why don't you turn up late in the game with your big city ways and have an idea that suits....wasn't so long ago you were in the sticks with me mocking them and their big city ways.

Ciaran

Unfortunately this big city mocker has a shed without electric so I'm gonna have to freeload for the foreseeable future :P  Actually I might have a couple of imperial stouts in the attic somewhere from last year so will bring one or two of those.