• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 18, 2024, 12:26:01 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Food sealer rent for hope?

Started by northernnick, September 30, 2017, 11:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northernnick

Hi all,

I have my first successful hop harvest underway this weekend (just one plant, Cascade) which has been growing in a container in my yard. Hopefully get a 1kg wet hops from it I'll be happy chappy.

Will be drying them this week and wondered if any of you kind souls may have a vacuum food sealer thing that I can borrow for an evening?

Luckily person will received a few bags of hops in return naturally.

I work in town (Merrion Sq) and live in the south side so can collect at lunchtime or after work if free.

If not, doesn't anyone have tips for storing hops? Sealable sandwich bags and the freezer or something?

Cheers, N

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Shanna

Quote from: northernnick on September 30, 2017, 11:45:34 AM
Hi all,

I have my first successful hop harvest underway this weekend (just one plant, Cascade) which has been growing in a container in my yard. Hopefully get a 1kg wet hops from it I'll be happy chappy.

Will be drying them this week and wondered if any of you kind souls may have a vacuum food sealer thing that I can borrow for an evening?

Luckily person will received a few bags of hops in return naturally.

I work in town (Merrion Sq) and live in the south side so can collect at lunchtime or after work if free.

If not, doesn't anyone have tips for storing hops? Sealable sandwich bags and the freezer or something?

Cheers, N

Hi there,

Have vacuum packed hops myself & you need to make that they are sufficiently dried before putting them in vacuum bags. I don't see people lending out a vacuum sealer as they are finicky & easy to break. I live on the South side & can assist. I don't want free hops as I have ample hops from three plants in the garden. I can help you out PM me please to arrange a time.

Shanna

PS: Now your declared as living in South Dublin any chance you would be interested in attending the South Dublin brewers meets?
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

johnrm

Shanna

Hops Group buy packer

northernnick

Haha northernnick should be renamed alright.

Thanks very much for that Shanna. I am harvesting today and drying them naturally indoors (on a clean fitted sheet on a clothes maiden) So ideally I'd hope that they dry by Wednesday, as I'm away
Thursday - Sunday at a wedding. OTherwise I'll give them a full week and aim to pack them next Monday.

Re South Dublin Brewers. I tried many times to get down to Blackrock but my previous job made it hard to get home and travel down on Public transport.....Just started a new job in town a few months the ago so aiming to join Capital as they are on my transport routes home. It's literally logistical as to why I didn't get down to South Dublin meet as I have heard many a good story about them (and about Capital of course).

Actually this new job has been so busy this is the only brewing related thing I have done since July, got two empty kegs sat at home screaming at me to brew!

Shanna

Quote from: northernnick on October 01, 2017, 02:40:41 PM
Haha northernnick should be renamed alright.

Thanks very much for that Shanna. I am harvesting today and drying them naturally indoors (on a clean fitted sheet on a clothes maiden) So ideally I'd hope that they dry by Wednesday, as I'm away
Thursday - Sunday at a wedding. OTherwise I'll give them a full week and aim to pack them next Monday.

Re South Dublin Brewers. I tried many times to get down to Blackrock but my previous job made it hard to get home and travel down on Public transport.....Just started a new job in town a few months the ago so aiming to join Capital as they are on my transport routes home. It's literally logistical as to why I didn't get down to South Dublin meet as I have heard many a good story about them (and about Capital of course).

Actually this new job has been so busy this is the only brewing related thing I have done since July, got two empty kegs sat at home screaming at me to brew!

Not sure I would wait a week to pack them by the way however it's your call. Blackrock is served by the 7 & the dart as well. Get in touch whatever you decide.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer