• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 06:56:33 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

The possibility of the national comp not going ahead due to bad weather.

Started by Boycott, February 25, 2018, 07:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Be aware that Urban Brewing may not be open, it's been closed the last two days...
Andrew
@beoirfinder

Hingo

If tomorrow isn't a runner, would Sunday be a potential option with Urban?

I know there's still a matter of volunteers time, but might be easier than next week with Alltech on if there's a lot of judges from the industry at that 

irish_goat

JDC

Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Dr Brown Ale

irish_goat

Nah but was just looking for some immediate yays or nays before going anywhere with it.

Hingo

Bazza

Hi Folks,

A decision has been made.

We've decided that the most sensible approach is to postpone the competition, with Saturday 24th March being the provisional new date, in the Urban.

Apologies for the short notice; we wanted to give this every chance to go ahead but, in the end, the safety of everyone involved in making the competition run successfully had to be given priority.

More information to follow.

Thanks,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Hingo

Quote from: Bazza on March 02, 2018, 04:00:09 PM
Hi Folks,

A decision has been made.

We've decided that the most sensible approach is to postpone the competition, with Saturday 24th March being the provisional new date, in the Urban.

Apologies for the short notice; we wanted to give this every chance to go ahead but, in the end, the safety of everyone involved in making the competition run successfully had to be given priority.

More information to follow.

Thanks,

-Barry

[satire]

I don't believe this, how could you have not prepared for this by having Sherpas and Snowmobiles on standby!! The Norwegian Homebrew competition never had this problem!

[/satire]

In all seriousness, it's the right call to make, and you did wait til as late as reasonably to give the benefit of the doubt in case of a chance of it going ahead.

Can't make the 24th myself but hopefully it'll be a more suitable date for other judges that were not available tomorrow originally.