• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 04:37:49 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New member in Offaly

Started by arrbee, August 28, 2018, 12:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrbee

Hi all,

I signed up a little while ago but realised I havent posted, til now.

I've been brewing for about 3yrs now and recently moved to kegs.  I'm slowly heading towards a proper kezzer setup but in the meantime just have the freezer storing kegs with picnic tap.

Brewing has been kit hacks the whole time which boarders on extract brewing most of the time!

the verification questions are a bit rough...
Is it to make sure I'm not a bot, or not Irish?  (where to find a Langer and what is a Jackeen)
Even the internet gives a different answer for Langer!

DEMPSEY

welcome to the club lad glad your not a bot  as we don't like them lot :D.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Damofto

Welcome aboard, what part of Offaly are you from?  I'm originally from Kinnitty myself but based in Mullingar now.

mick02

Welcome to the club! I've heard a few people giving out about the verification steps for the site. We may need to look into it!

You might consider becoming a full member to get access to the national competition as well as some sweet discounts from some of the national suppliers.

Any questions just ask.
Mick
NHC Committee member

arrbee

Thanks guys.

I'm just outside Tullamore but closer to Kilbeggan.  I'd drive down to the lads in Mountmellick rather than ordering online usually.  Good to have a bit of a chat.

My brother back in NZ enters competitions all the time and does pretty well, but I see how much effort he puts into it.  I will probably tip away with just doing kits for the foreseeable future, but I do plan on switching to all grain one day.
In the meantime I'm enjoying brewing for myself. Although I do have a bit of a rubber arm.

Are there many others in the midlands brewing?

I'm going to give cider a go as I can get a hold of apples for free and I have a juicer plus really want to spend the whole day juicing apples.  :/

I was going to attach some pics of my set up but the file extension was not supported.

lordstilton

midlands brewers are based between Tullamore, Athlone and Mullingar...Check out their facebook group...next meeting is in ballymahon on the 22nd sept

arrbee

Quote from: mick02 on August 29, 2018, 06:59:53 AM
Welcome to the club! I've heard a few people giving out about the verification steps for the site. We may need to look into it!

You might consider becoming a full member to get access to the national competition as well as some sweet discounts from some of the national suppliers.

Any questions just ask.
Mick

I just tried paying membership but it requires a paypal account which I wont be creating.
Any other ways to pay?

arrbee

So I finally found a friend who will allow the use of their paypal for my subscription.
I've just signed up, but obviously the paypal and NHBC accounts will have different users.  Is that going to be a problem?

How long before I can start getting the club discount from thehomebrewcompany? 

mick02

Quote from: arrbee on July 03, 2019, 11:09:08 AM
So I finally found a friend who will allow the use of their paypal for my subscription.
I've just signed up, but obviously the paypal and NHBC accounts will have different users.  Is that going to be a problem?

How long before I can start getting the club discount from thehomebrewcompany?
It should be pretty instant in fairness. Can you PM me the email address your friend used to sign you up and I'll look into it for you.

Thanks,

Mick
NHC Committee member

Pheeel

It's a manual process done by me. It's done now
Issues with your membership? PM me!

arrbee

Thanks!

How do I avail of the club discount when buying from homebrew company?

irish_goat

Quote from: arrbee on July 03, 2019, 02:02:59 PM
Thanks!

How do I avail of the club discount when buying from homebrew company?

Discount codes are all in this thread.  :)

https://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/members-only-area/membership-benefits-2015/

benji

Welcome to the club, I am the Midlands Rep. We have a very active Facebook page please join. Very helpful members here and also events and meets are published here also
https://www.facebook.com/groups/241924442663906
Tapped: Brown Porter, Dortmunder, Rye IPA
Bottled: Barrel RIS, Barrel Red Flanders, Oatmeal Stout
Fermenting: Barrel triple, NEIPA
Planned: Pilsner, Hazy Pale Ale, something Belgian

arrbee

Thanks!

I'm already on the FB group but not a major FB user.
One day I'll venture out and meet some more of ye.  Getting back home after is a pain in the arse....