• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 11:52:46 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Another new Louth member!

Started by annebrodie, October 24, 2018, 01:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annebrodie

Hi from Clogherhead!

I'm getting back into homebrewing again after my husband gave me a BIAB starter kit for my birthday yesterday.  I had formerly been a home winemaker, after we took our "temporary" pay cuts in 2010, but my interest dwindled after a couple of particularly vile hedgerow wines.  (Nettle wine was the WORST.)

mick02

Quote from: annebrodie on October 24, 2018, 01:48:11 PM
Hi from Clogherhead!

I'm getting back into homebrewing again after my husband gave me a BIAB starter kit for my birthday yesterday.  I had formerly been a home winemaker, after we took our "temporary" pay cuts in 2010, but my interest dwindled after a couple of particularly vile hedgerow wines.  (Nettle wine was the WORST.)
Welcome to the NHC! There's a very active club in the Wee County (watch out though they have some weird accents!) that you should get in touch with. In fact Irelands Best Homebrewer 2017 came from that neck of the woods.

Don't be afraid to ask questions or reach out for advice.

Mick
NHC Committee member

helmet

Welcome aboard Anne,

Don't mind Mick we're soft spoken and elequent!
We've a meeting coming up in The Cross in Drogheda on the 9th if you're interested, we'll be upstairs from 9.

johnrm

@annebrodie - Welcome!

I'm not sure about Nettle wine but nettle ale is quite nice - not made it myself - lads on here have though.
Nettle concoctions needs young and fresh leaves AFAIK.

annebrodie

Thanks! I'd love to come to a meeting sometime, but my evenings can be complicated as I work as a stage manager. I'll keep watching this space though!