• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:34 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

National Brewing Championships 2020

Started by mick02, June 18, 2019, 07:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pob

Quote from: delzep on February 06, 2020, 02:46:00 PM
Non-member entry fee isn't mentioned on the competition website

There isn't one, you need to be a member to enter.

(Could possibly setup a €10.60 charge to allow non-members, gets you a free years subscription at the same time ;))

mick02

Entry fee for members and non members is the same this year. Next year we will publish a code so that members can avail of a discount.
NHC Committee member

delzep

Saw it mentioned that it was a tenner for non members in the AGM minutes

mick02

Quote from: delzep on February 06, 2020, 09:34:50 PM
Saw it mentioned that it was a tenner for non members in the AGM minutes

We were meant to have 2 tiers but unfortunately we had entries before we realised. Anyway it will definitely be a 2 tier system next year where members get to enter their beer for less than non members
NHC Committee member

tommy

Anyone available to collect 2 entries in Cashel co. Tipperary in the next week or so? Living in America now and I left it very late for my brother at home to get these entries in. Cashel is just off the motorway between Cork and Dublin if anyone is transporting entries from there.
Getting into brewing to save money on beer is like buying a boat to save money on fish......

Donny

Quote from: tommy on February 27, 2020, 03:34:59 AMAnyone available to collect 2 entries in Cashel co. Tipperary in the next week or so? Living in America now and I left it very late for my brother at home to get these entries in. Cashel is just off the motorway between Cork and Dublin if anyone is transporting entries from there.

I work in cashel and need to drop my own off. I could meet you and take the entries off you if you would like?

tommy

Quote from: Donny on March 01, 2020, 12:50:37 PM
Quote from: tommy on February 27, 2020, 03:34:59 AMAnyone available to collect 2 entries in Cashel co. Tipperary in the next week or so? Living in America now and I left it very late for my brother at home to get these entries in. Cashel is just off the motorway between Cork and Dublin if anyone is transporting entries from there.

I work in cashel and need to drop my own off. I could meet you and take the entries off you if you would like?

Thanks for the offer Donny but I think my brother managed to get them entered. Thanks anyway.
Getting into brewing to save money on beer is like buying a boat to save money on fish......

Dr Brown Ale

have you got a steward manager yet? I'm interested in doing that

CH

I never knew the NHC had managers, I was sure it was only ever a team effort

Dr Brown Ale

Quote from: mick02 on January 08, 2020, 09:54:33 AMHi All,

With the nationals just around the corner we have the usual dilemma where we look for volunteers to help run the competition.

We will need volunteers to help with

• Bottle Sorting
  • Acting as Drop off points
  • Stewarding
  • Judging
  • Cellarperson
  • Scoresheet Manager
  • Steward Manager
  • Comp Organiser
  • Judging Officer
  • General Logistics

If you're interested stick your name down here. We will be setting up a conference call to divvy up the jobs soon. This is a good opportunity to see behind the scenes how the nationals is organised and run.

Thanks all,

Mick

Dr Brown Ale

Says there it's a role that a volunteer is needed for so I put my name forward.

Smart comments and funny faces notwithstanding.

fishjam45 (Colin)

Well done to everyone who helped out at the bottle sorting today. 
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/