• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 03:46:54 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Stir bars

Started by Spud395, November 28, 2012, 07:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossa

I'd take a couple of different sized stir bars as I only have a smally. A 3l conical flask also sounds the business.

Rats

Would be interested in them as well.
I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol

Padraic

QuoteI'd take a couple of different sized stir bars as I only have a smally. A 3l conical flask also sounds the business.

I'm on for some flasks and different size stir bars! Add me to the list!

(It's always a good choice to copy whatever the champion brewer is doing!  :P)

Shane Phelan

I can organise a group buy for the conical flasks, I just need to confirm that I can get my own account set up and the prices.

Brew Log

Will_D

QuoteI can organise a group buy for the conical flasks, I just need to confirm that I can get my own account set up and the prices.

Excellent - I like my Erlenmyers with B29 Joints as a standard demi-john bung fits a treat. ( Plus I have some rare sort of "Quick-fit Jointed Glassware Fetish syndrome" )

Also take a few 30 mm bars and some 500ml 1L and 2L conicals

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Spud395

Santa is interested in some flasks as well, this might be an ideal opportunity for him   ;D
Non modo......sed etiam

Shane Phelan

Excellent - I like my Erlenmyers with B29 Joints as a standard demi-john bung fits a treat. ( Plus I have some rare sort of "Quick-fit Jointed Glassware Fetish syndrome" )

Will

I was going to just get the cheapest 1L,2L and 3L conicals?

Brew Log

Stitch

Put me down for some stir bars and a 1L and 2L flask. I think Lennox.ie have the stir bars (packs of 10)

Will_D

November 30, 2012, 02:46:45 PM #23 Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:47:27 PM by Will_D

Will

I was going to just get the cheapest 1L,2L and 3L conicals?

I know the jointed ones are about 5 times the price. Just wanted to air my syndromne in public to see if there are any like minded sufferers.

For those who are doing slant storage or petri-dish type culturing then 1L would be way too big maybe float the boat for some 250 and 500ml - These will be dead cheap by the box

Will

Shane Phelan

We are considering a fairly large buy which would include everything needed to make starters ie conicals, vials and maybe agar. Not worth it for stir plate electronic components as deal extreme or ebay is a good source for those.

I had a quick look at the box prices for the small conicals and the prices are quite cheap so it's no problem having those as an option as long as we get enough interest in multiples of 10.

There is no need to PM me about reserving items as we need to do more leg work in terms of suppliers/prices and a thread will be put up in the group buy section when all that is sorted.
Brew Log

Shane Phelan

December 04, 2012, 11:54:27 AM #25 Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:56:54 PM by shiny
The group buy is now live for the equipment we discussed above.

Edit:

The buy for conical's and vials is here.  PM Padraic, JamesM or Tube for access if the link doesn't allow you in.

Brew Log

Rats

1. Ratsathome - 2x 60mm 2x 30mm
I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol

Will_D

2. Will_D - 2 x 30 mm

Rossa

How many stir plates have ye got?

2. Will_D - 2 x 30 mm