• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:48:35 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Postponement of up coming National Brewing Championships 2020

Started by Kellie, March 12, 2020, 01:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellie

*ANNOUNCEMENT*

*NHC NATIONALS 2020*

I'm light of the Taoiseachs announcement and subsequent restrictions on public events regarding *COVID - 19* , we are announcing that this years NHC Nationals Homebrew Competition will be postponed for the foreseeable future.

We will hopefully look at running the competition at a more suitable time. As you can appreciate this is a period of uncertainty and we will not be able to give definite answers to when this can happen. Please bare with us until we have more information.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Andrew

Just on this. Is there anything to be said for a small group of us to get together and judge the more hop-forward styles. I do remember after the last postponement (was that last year) some of the entries were a little 'stale' (for want of a better word) and I did wonder at the time if they would have tasted fresher if they were judged on time.
Andrew
@beoirfinder

Kellie

Quote from: Andrew on March 13, 2020, 11:36:41 AMJust on this. Is there anything to be said for a small group of us to get together and judge the more hop-forward styles. I do remember after the last postponement (was that last year) some of the entries were a little 'stale' (for want of a better word) and I did wonder at the time if they would have tasted fresher if they were judged on time.

Unfortunately we will not be looking to do this. With the current situation re Covid-19 and the uncertainty of when we can re organise, we will have to sit and wait it out. Its out of our control.

benji

Quote from: Andrew on March 13, 2020, 11:36:41 AMJust on this. Is there anything to be said for a small group of us to get together and judge the more hop-forward styles. I do remember after the last postponement (was that last year) some of the entries were a little 'stale' (for want of a tand I did wonder at the time if they would have tasted fresher if they were judged on time.

I mean, c'mon are you for real. All bets are off ATM. Give it a few weeks at the very lest
Tapped: Brown Porter, Dortmunder, Rye IPA
Bottled: Barrel RIS, Barrel Red Flanders, Oatmeal Stout
Fermenting: Barrel triple, NEIPA
Planned: Pilsner, Hazy Pale Ale, something Belgian

Andrew

Quote from: benji on March 14, 2020, 12:30:25 AMI mean, c'mon are you for real. All bets are off ATM. Give it a few weeks at the very lest
Wow, hysterical much?
Andrew
@beoirfinder

benji

Quote from: Andrew on March 14, 2020, 01:10:21 PM
Quote from: benji on March 14, 2020, 12:30:25 AMI mean, c'mon are you for real. All bets are off ATM. Give it a few weeks at the very lest
Wow, hysterical much?

So yeah this aged well didn't it. Come back to me on Monday when the country is on full lockdown (which it will BTW). All army personal have been ordered to report to their barracks on Monday morning with 72 hours worth of provisions.

But yeah sure lets try to judge some beer incase my NEIPA will be a couple of weeks past it's prime date.

Andrew

Quote from: benji on March 14, 2020, 10:34:49 PMSo yeah this aged well didn't it. Come back to me on Monday when the country is on full lockdown (which it will BTW). All army personal have been ordered to report to their barracks on Monday morning with 72 hours worth of provisions.

But yeah sure lets try to judge some beer incase my NEIPA will be a couple of weeks past it's prime date.
I stand by my original assessment- Kellie had already given a measured and level-headed reply before you went all Helen Lovejoy. I don't get the mindset but I'm guessing that's why there are a bunch of numpties wandering about the Aldidls with their shopping trolleys piled high with toilet roll.
Andrew
@beoirfinder

benji

What mind set, all I was doing was pointing out you ridiculous request to have a smaller gathering so you can save your hoppy beer from losing it's freshness

Don't equate my statement to Gobhites buying truck loads of toilet paper.

I suppose you were one of those out on Saturday night getting your last fix in the pub