• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 06:37:31 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Electrolux draught master

Started by Robbiedrog, August 12, 2020, 07:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbiedrog

Hi All,

I have recently acquired a Electrolux draught master and wondering if anyone is using one as a kegerator or if they are using it as it is with their own brew in the size kegs to fit.

The system I have is brand new and all parts working as they should (air compressor, ref. unit) I am thinking to just disconnect the air compressor and strip out the original keg holder and use it as a fridge for my corny kegs.

Seems a bit of a shame to do but have no experience with the system and using this style keg. I have put a link below for the system for anyone that isnt sure what I mean.

https://youtu.be/yoj_zNr07ZY

Any help on this would be appreciated

Thanks

Rob

dcalnan

I imagine trying to source similar kegs would be next to impossible, probably some proprietary connection to fill them, especially when the tubing is attached to the keg. From looking at the video, you could probably fit two corny kegs in it, but you would also have to replace the tap, unless you trim the tubing and connect to normal beerline using an adapter of some sort.

Pheeel

I'd sell it and get a 2nd hand fridge off adverts. That looks like a massive PITA
Issues with your membership? PM me!

Robbiedrog

Quote from: Pheeel on August 15, 2020, 10:56:30 PMI'd sell it and get a 2nd hand fridge off adverts. That looks like a massive PITA
I've stripped it out and using it as a fridge, it fits two corny with a bit of extra space. All the components are on the left hand side so it doesn't have the usual step on the back of it. It's a decent fridge with very good cooling capacity.