• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 11:51:00 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Mike "Tasty" McDole RIP

Started by brian_c, October 05, 2020, 09:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian_c

Unfortunately, former BrewCon speaker Mike "Tasty" McDole from the Brewing Network passed away from cancer yesterday. He was a member of this forum too. Most people will have fond memories from his talk at BrewCon 2017, and hanging out with him at club night afterwards. My own highlight was watching a talk on traditional German lager brewing methods while knowing the man who popularised the "Tasty method" of quick lagering was sitting in the audience, and just waiting for it to be brought up in the Q&A session.

I met him again a few months later at Homebrew Con in America and was greeted like an old friend.

I'm sure there will be a few brews of Janet's Brown Ale this week in his memory.

pob

Quote from: brian_c on October 05, 2020, 09:32:51 AMMy own highlight was watching a talk on traditional German lager brewing methods while knowing the man who popularised the "Tasty method" of quick lagering was sitting in the audience, and just waiting for it to be brought up in the Q&A session.

That was a fun moment.

He was a a total joy to be around for those few days at BrewCon. Lovely chap and so witty.

DEMPSEY

He was a very personable man that was easy to stand and sup with.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

RedWino

RIP Tasty. I was actually planning to brew a batch of Janet's Brown Ale for the autumn, and will now do so this weekend.