• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 18, 2024, 07:21:17 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Friday meet in May

Started by matthewdick23, April 22, 2013, 10:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

Nice one stan - should be good!

Pity you can't make it Andy, did you get your extract brew on the go?

Bill_00

Finally got myself registered after meeting a few of you at the open day! Looking forward to the 24th now

sub82

Cool man - see you there!

iain_todd

Alight lads, 24th at 20:00 is grand for me - got a nice porter to bring and some more wheat beer. Might also hit you all with some more wine - got about 50 bottles I need to get through! :P
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

Bazza

50 bottles Iain?

You making up for all that abstinence last Good Friday? :)

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

iain_todd

I spent about two years going mental and making wine out of everything I could find! So now it needs to get drunk and I rarely would crack open a bottle. So I'm afraid you lads'll have to give me a hand!

Bottled some lemon wine there last week and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it... ;D
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

sub82

It'll be good to get to taste some of them and encourage some non-beer drinkers!

iain_todd

Yeah, perhaps! The ginger wine is nice and sweet, and I've got some dandelion and apple wine aswell. So I'll bring a wee selection.

I've got a wedding the next day though, which will be very heavy and boozy, so I can't get too hammered.

Chris and I live in a world of perpetual frustration whereby real ale events are inevitably ruined by weddings and stags! Notable ruinings over the past year or two include the Hilden Ale Festival and the GB Beer Festival in Belfast.

Sometimes I wish I had no friends and could be left to become an alcoholic in peace.

Bazza

I feel your pain lads. I used to get that a lot. Thankfully I'm at the age now where most of my mates are married off, so weddings are down from 8 or 9 a year to 1 or 2 a year. I have, however, recently done best man for one of my mates for the second time  ??? So you're never totally out of the woods.

On the Saturday after the next Friday meet we're supposed to be heading out for dinner with friends of the wife. It only dawned on me today that that's the night of the Champions' League final  >:(  Then again, as a Liverpool fan it means feck all to me these days anyway :(

-Barry

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

stanwellback

Quote from: Bazza on May 09, 2013, 02:28:47 PM
I feel your pain lads. I used to get that a lot. Thankfully I'm at the age now where most of my mates are married off, so weddings are down from 8 or 9 a year to 1 or 2 a year. I have, however, recently done best man for one of my mates for the second time  ??? So you're never totally out of the woods.

On the Saturday after the next Friday meet we're supposed to be heading out for dinner with friends of the wife. It only dawned on me today that that's the night of the Champions' League final  >:(  Then again, as a Liverpool fan it means feck all to me these days anyway :(

-Barry
another Liverpool fan to drown the sorrows with

sub82

Quote from: iain_todd on May 09, 2013, 01:57:58 PM
Chris and I live in a world of perpetual frustration whereby real ale events are inevitably ruined by weddings and stags! Notable ruinings over the past year or two include the Hilden Ale Festival and the GB Beer Festival in Belfast.

But we're not bitter!  ;)

matthewdick23

guys, just an fyi.  we'll be upstairs on the top floor (not the middle)at the hudson. out back was booked for a bday party

matthew

BrewBilly

Hey folks

I am a bit bummed I will be missing out on the 24th, hopefully next get together I will be available. Sounds like it going to be a blast.

Cheers
BrewBilly - AKA Andy
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

sub82

Ah shame Andy - I could send you some bottles from the demo brew if you'd like.

BrewBilly

Quote from: sub82 on May 16, 2013, 09:01:49 PM
Ah shame Andy - I could send you some bottles from the demo brew if you'd like.

Thanks that would be great, I'm in the process of moving to Jordanstown so will be a lot closer than Ballymena.

Has a quality control sample of the brew been taken ;)

Cheers
Andy
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH