• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 10:46:52 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Friday meet in May

Started by matthewdick23, April 22, 2013, 10:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

Only at bottling but might 'test' one tonight and see how carbonation is coming on!  ;)

D'you wanna pm me your address and I'll and get that sorted next week?

matthewdick23

cant wait to try the comparisons. i bottled mine asap- they were bottled a wk after they were brewed. just moved them from carbing to cooling. b interesting to c difference in hop profile too

Bazza

May 17, 2013, 11:06:13 PM #32 Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:55:18 AM by Bazza
Opened my first bottle this evening. What can I say? The sun was out so out with it came the bbq. Only moved the bottles to the fridge last night after 2 weeks in secondary. I can see what you mean about the bitterness, Chris and Matthew. But definitely not unpleasant.  At the risk of sounding like a ponce, there's a really nice beer trying to get out. See what another week's cold conditioning does.

- Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Gave one a shot last night too - the bitterness has mellowed a lot. It now has a nice initial sharpness and a lovely aromatic hoppy finish. It's a great colour - we might reuse the grain bill for some single hop beers we're planning. It's also surprisingly carbonated after only 12 days in the bottle.

The comparison will be really interesting - we'd previously used WLP-550 in an IPA and I think a lot of the yeast flavour was masked by the hops.

matthewdick23

chris, if transport allows, can you bring those demijohns? what size are they again?

sub82

Yep no problem - they're beside the front door so I'll remember them this time  ::).

They're 1l swing top, clear glass bottles. Is that what you wanted?

matthewdick23

sub82

Nice one man - cool!

We've about another 7 if anyone else wants some, great for making liqueurs!

matthewdick23

i'm thinking of going for a pint at the sunflower before the hudson. it's just round the corner. been wanting to go for a while.  should have a couple of casks on, apparently

anyone interested? 730?

Bazza

I'd be up for that. Haven't been to the Sunflower before.

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Not sure if our bus will get us in on time, but we'll give you a shout when we're in Belfast.

spacebandit

Wish I could make it lads but no can do, will probably be after summer is over before I have a weekend off ffs..
Anyways, have fun!!

Bill_00

Seems my Black IPA isn't quite ready for tonight...have a bottle of the Doggy Style clone we did to share around though.

Looking forward to it!

matthewdick23

sweet! just a reminded to all that we're not in the back, as usual. we're upstairs this time- cant rem which floor!

Bill_00

I think you'd said the top, top floor earlier in the week