• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 01:23:09 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Friday meet in May

Started by matthewdick23, April 22, 2013, 10:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

Yep top floor iirc - doggy style clone sounds good! Will be interesting to compare the demo pale ale to it.

sub82

Great night lads - the samples were amazers.Bill_00's doggy style and Bazza's Timothy Taylor landlord were lovely! Really enjoyed the brew demo beers - I'm not sure there was much difference in the hoppyness but the differences in the yeasts was really interesting!

Bazza

Yeah. Great night. Seemed to go by in a flash (or a drunken blur?? )

The difference in the 3 brews really did underline the fact that yeast is the single most influencing factor in a beer.

+1 on the Doggy Style. That was excellent (felt a little weird typing that particular sentence).

A few good ideas were kicked around for the next meet too. Looking forward.

Cheers,

- Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Bill_00

Had a great time, and nice to get that awkward "I barely know you" stage out of the way!

Glad you guys liked the Doggy Style Clone, will hoke out the recipe book and share.

Gutted I didn't get a chance to bring that Black IPA along, opened the first on Saturday there, knowing it's probably still a wee bit young...it's pretty damn good already!
Looking forward to bringing it and this Summer Ale along to the next meet.

Bill_00

The sample brews really did show just what a difference yeast can make to the same recipe, was definitely educational.

And it was easy to see why that Galaxy IPA did so well in the competition!

Bill_00

Finally got that recipe!

http://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/1367110

However I think we used an American Ale yeast...I think WLP even did Flying Dog's own strain at one stage, so you may be able to track it down