• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 07:54:18 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Malted Barley Ireland Supplier

Started by BrewBilly, May 08, 2013, 07:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrewBilly

Quote from: Irish Party Ale on May 14, 2013, 02:46:39 PM
I drive from Dublin up to Belfast at least once a month, so if you need a couple of bags brought up, let me know and we'll sort something out - will save you a packet in postage!

Irish PA that sounds really good

Hopefully I will have my AG kit sorted out soon and get my first AG brew on the go.

How often do you come up to Belfast? Would anyone know how much a 25kg bag of grain would be?

Cheers
BrewBilly - AKA Andy
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

johnrm

@Brewbilly... Did you read the whole thread?
Hint: #8

johnrm

@Tube... Did you read the whole thread?
Hint: #8

Nah Nah!

Ciderhead

ok girls back away slowly from the handbags ::)

BrewBilly

Slowly Chaps,

@johnrm take a look at the first post and see who started the thread, second I have been reading the posts and know that the bagging plant is not up and running. Just lining up the ducks that's all.

The only reason so many saffas are into home brew is that we LOVE BEER.

@johnrm thanks for making the discussion a bi more lively.

Cheers
BrewBilly
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

johnrm

No worries, as before, let me know if you need any assist. Glad to help out if I can.

spacebandit

I've been in touch with Chris for a number of months, he sent me pdfs of the spec sheets of the different malts so how can I best upload them to here so everyone can have a look? He also sent me details of which varieties of barley they use. I can copy and paste that. At a more reasonable time when my eyes work properly...

spacebandit

Ha, I didn't even see the 2nd page of this thread so as I was saying about my eyes not working!! Spec sheets already posted above....

Ciderhead

Probably best if we keep Johnrm as primary contact with Chris as he's local loike. I also enquired a couple months back the poor man is probably very confused now about all these fellas from the NHC!!

spacebandit

Or delighted that there is such interest in their new venture!! Makes sense if there are going to be group purchases to have a local coordinating. Who can bring us to the Well when the biz has been done...

johnrm

As John says there are a number of people in touch with MCI.
They are being considered for a stand at the home brew expo in Cork...
http://nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,1065.msg31466.html#msg31466

johnrm

I phoned MCI yesterday.
Chris is on Hols to got speaking to Dick Walsh, the head man.
They hit a few bumps so have had to rethink the scale.
A hopeful ETA is end Sept 2013

spacebandit

Is Belfast considering buying into the group buy on this? Seems to be some heading to Dublin so could be easy enought to get it from there. Alternatively,  there is some heading to Galway where I could pick it up easily enough. But I'm in Enniskillen and don't be in Belfast that much...

Will_D

The last GB of MCI malts were landed in Malahide and picked by Moira ( Sub82's lady).

The north county brewers are in for this GB so if you want I will get it to Malahide and if OK with Moira/Sub82/any one else pickup from me.

BTW Malahide is just off the M1 !!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

DEMPSEY

Further to the pedant metinks that this is not so,. De M1 is the road from Dublin to Belfast :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us