• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:30:27 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

PID Controller Help

Started by Will_D, May 20, 2013, 01:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_D

Hi Guys,

I have jsut been given a REX-C100F K 02 Pid controller.

The K 02 indicates its a K type Thermo couple and range is 0 - 400 C This is also printed on the unit. The TC that I was given is a 0-600C K Type. Is there any way I can change the range?

Also the manuals I were given dont quite agree with the unit!

To unlock the settings I had to set the Lck to 1000 ( !

Id not possible anyone got a spare 0 - 400 K type TC?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

RichC

Probably not the answer your looking for Will, but I would have thought if its k-type it'll work as long as your operating within range? I'd just check it against a glass thermoneter before writing it off

Ciderhead

Quote from: Will_D on May 20, 2013, 01:46:45 PM
Hi Guys,

I have jsut been given a REX-C100F K 02 Pid controller.

The K 02 indicates its a K type Thermo couple and range is 0 - 400 C This is also printed on the unit. The TC that I was given is a 0-600C K Type. Is there any way I can change the range?

Also the manuals I were given dont quite agree with the unit!

To unlock the settings I had to set the Lck to 1000 ( !

Id not possible anyone got a spare 0 - 400 K type TC?

one of these?
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/1M-3-3ft-K-Thermocouple-Control-Temperature-Controller-0-400C-Sensor-Probe-UK-/121100792712?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item1c322b7388

is the attached manual the one you have?

plenty of vids on claibration on utube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R7_NPLeTI8

Metattron

I have a REX-C100 and use a PT-100 probe with mine, you can change the type of probe and ranges in the settings, but try it with the one you have and calibrate it with an ordinary thermometer.  If all else fails a pt-100 can be got on ebay for buttons.
In primary:
In secondary: Wine, Melomel
In keg: Teddy Hopper, Coconut stout, 4 Cs, Buzz bomb, Never Sierra, Bock, OD
In the fridge: Helles Lager, Hob Gob

Will_D

Quote from: Metattron on May 20, 2013, 06:06:47 PM
I have a REX-C100 and use a PT-100 probe with mine, you can change the type of probe and ranges in the settings, but try it with the one you have and calibrate it with an ordinary thermometer.  If all else fails a pt-100 can be got on ebay for buttons.
Is a PT-100 what is suplied with the ATC-1000?

I am pretty sure that that even though at power on it says its display mode is set to C it is showing 71 at the moment which is Farenheit!

Also in all the avrious manuals I've read there is no mention of calibration!

I manage to change the range by setting Cod to 0001 and then you get the SLH option which has changed the start up display to 600! So we are getting somewhere!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Metattron

For a pt100 set SL1 to 1000 and SL2 to 0 for centigrade. It's in section 7.4 of the manual that came with mine.  Is it not an ntc probe with the stc and atc 100s?
In primary:

barkar

Not sure but The Rex c 100 do Ye know if its solid state or mechanical relay? If it'd mechanical relay and your using it for herms, rims it will burnout the relay fairly quickly, hence stc1000 is no good for herms or where quick temp change/variations is required.I bought one of those c100 from far east, got stung its relay - don't know what to use it for , got a xmt7100 from virtual village.  Top job

Metattron

You'll need to check the full model number on the side of the rex.  If it ends in V*AN it is SSR, if it's M*AN then its a standard relay. 
In primary:

DEMPSEY

Quote from: barkar on May 21, 2013, 09:27:38 PM
Not sure but The Rex c 100 do Ye know if its solid state or mechanical relay? If it'd mechanical relay and your using it for herms, rims it will burnout the relay fairly quickly, hence stc1000 is no good for herms or where quick temp change/variations is required.I bought one of those c100 from far east, got stung its relay - don't know what to use it for , got a xmt7100 from virtual village.  Top job
NOW I hear this, I have 4 stc1000 for my HERM's build and am getting to the point when I will be wiring this up. My HERM's unit is a 10 litre pot with the wort passing through a 12mm stainless steel coil and the pot filled with water and heated using a 2.2Kw kettle element. I plan to have the HLT feed the Liquer through the HERM's pot coil and on to the Mash Tun. My target is a mash temp of around 45C to set up a protein rest. So I plan to heat both the HLT and the HERM's at the same time to establish this start temp. Will the stc1000 not be able to handle this. :-\
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us