• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:32:24 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Friday Meet in June

Started by Bazza, June 03, 2013, 10:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

I'll see if there're any more votes/comments by the end of today and then I'll work tirelessly through the night counting the votes.

I wonder is it worth doing a headcount for people who can make it once the date is decided. The exit poll suggests we'll have at least 3 for the 21st  ???

Sure let me know what you think.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

iain_todd

We may need a recount, but probably best crossing that particular bridge when we come to it.
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

elslow

Finally hoping to make it to a meet up. 21st or 28th is good for me. Voted for 28th but only because it's payday! Either is good. Last two meet ups I've been working late.

BrewBilly

Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

iain_todd

Did you vote for 21st BrewBilly?
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

Bazza

Okay, so I've been burning the midnight oil collating, checking and re-checking the votes. Every time I close my eyes now I see hoards of random numbers flying around in the air against a soundtrack of that distorted sinister carnival music you see in films. Scary stuff, I'm sure you'll agree.

From what I can see, if we take the vote Iain accidentally cast for the 28th and put it to the 21st instead, it would appear that the 21st wins it by a single vote from the 28th and 14th.

Unless there're any late entries can we agree on the 21st? If there're no strong objections I can contact the Hudson later today (assuming this is the normal procedure, Matthew).

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

matthewdick23

Hi barry- lets pencil in 21st.

Michael wanted me to call him tomorrow about some things- including out meet this month. So I'll confirm the 21st with him

Matthew

iain_todd

Nice one Matthew. 21st it is then! I'll let my people know...

Got loads more wine I need help drinking - enough for everyone!

BrewBilly

Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

Bazza

QuoteMichael wanted me to call him tomorrow about some things- including out meet this month. So I'll confirm the 21st with him

Cheers, Matthew.

I know we like to keep the thing as informal as possible i.e. try out some samples, have a few drinks from the bar, watch the conversation slowly descend into toilet humour and double-entendres, but if there's anything you'd really like to discuss or get some advice on, or want to deliver a Powerpoint presentation on, now's the time to get thinking.

Possible topics:
- Temperature control i.e. brew fridges, atc/stc controllers, etc
- Sanitation tips
- Appealing to a wider audience i.e. pimping kits for the beginner / keeping cost & labour down.
- General tips / short cuts you've discovered.
- How come no comedian of first name 'Russell' is funny?
- Yeast washing/recycling
- Can someone have a look at this rash?
- Other

Anyway, just a thought.

-Barry

― Groucho Marx

matthewdick23

just an update- no answer form michael yday- left a msg and waiting to hear back

will confirm the 21st asap

Irish Party Ale

I may be able to drop into this. Do you guys bring homebrew or just turn up and chat?

Bazza

Hi IPA,

No real pre-requisites. If you have a couple of samples, bring them along, but there's no obligation.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Irish Party Ale

Cool - what time are you guys meeting at?

Bazza

QuoteCool - what time are you guys meeting at?

7:30 or 8:00.

..PM, that is.

Anyone have any preferences?

-Barry
― Groucho Marx