• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:14:48 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brew house build

Started by Damo, October 21, 2012, 07:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciderhead

I'm very envious, what are you gonna call her?

Damo

October 25, 2012, 11:03:33 PM #16 Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:16:03 PM by Damian
Good Question!

Im open to suggestions.

Dog Box II
Im goin to post pic of the box I built for d'dog.
(its gonna be a close replica)

Snuff

QuoteGood Question!

Im open to suggestions.

Dog Box II
Im goin to post pic of the box I built for d'dog.
(its gonna be a close replica)

How about - "The Dogg House"
Primary -
Secondary -
Kegged - Red Dragon, Red Lager, HopWarOne, ThisIsntLager
Bottled -

Ciderhead

JimmyM

Ive gone weak at the knees!
I have something like this in my own plans as soon as I sort out the inside of my own house.
You can be my canary down the mine.

Agree with tube re the 10sq cable - 10sq is expensive enough as it is and it will do you for pretty much anything your domestic supply can cater for.
Formerly JamesM.

DEMPSEY

October 26, 2012, 01:16:21 PM #20 Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:21:12 PM by DEMPSEY
Damo's Doggbolt.
or The Doggbolt Inn.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

DEMPSEY

Hope I dont upset you but you did put insulation board under the floor before you poured the concrete. :'(

Mike

This is fantastic.  I'm pushing for permission from the OH to let me do this with the far corner of the garden.

1 Shed for the washing machine/dryer, 1 for my tools and 1 for my beer.  Does that make me sound unreasonable? :'(

DEMPSEY

QuoteThis is fantastic.  I'm pushing for permission from the OH to let me do this with the far corner of the garden.

1 Shed for the washing machine/dryer, 1 for my tools and 1 for my beer.  Does that make me sound unreasonable? :'(
you mention washing machine and your beer hobby together, how exciting for her  :-?. "Oh that's great now you want me to go out in the freezing cold to some pokey shed smelling of beer and stand there freezing while I empty your wet clothes out of the machine and into the dryer but first I have to take the clothes in the dryer out and after that put the next lot of dirty clothes into the washing machine meanwhile my leg's are gone so numb and all you can think of is these bottles of beer lying around you know what since you care more about these than you do me why don't you put a bed out here instead because your not sleeping in my one tonight". (a few missing comma's ,,,,). Try a different approach :)

Mike

QuoteThis is fantastic.  I'm pushing for permission from the OH to let me do this with the far corner of the garden.

you mention washing machine and your beer hobby together, how exciting for her  :-?. "Oh that's great now you want me to go out in the freezing cold to some pokey shed smelling of beer and stand there freezing while I empty your wet clothes out of the machine and into the dryer but first I have to take the clothes in the dryer out and after that put the next lot of dirty clothes into the washing machine meanwhile my leg's are gone so numb and all you can think of is these bottles of beer lying around you know what since you care more about these than you do me why don't you put a bed out here instead because your not sleeping in my one tonight". (a few missing comma's ,,,,). Try a different approach :)

Easy there noreen, I was being sarcastic with the last line.

Never thought about the planning permission. That might prove difficult  :(

Damo

Latest update!

I somehow managed to get myself organised for this w'end.

Collected blocks on friday on way home from work, got up early enough to get down to aughrim to collect timber.

So, Blockwork Started.

Blockwork finished!

Mike

Damo

Sure was!!

I was able to get the two long side walls cut out and assembled.

Hopefully, I be able to get the gables done and everything sheeted out in OSB board tomorrow

I think the weather is to be a little kinder 

Damo

Had a pretty good day to day!

cut and assembled gable walls

Cut osb board to size and fitted to stud work

I had to get help from my brother to lift walls into place. 
The last panel was sheeted after we lifted it in, They were just to heavy to manage safely.

It was dark by the time I finished so I couldnt take any more photos!

Next W'ends work:
1 wrap with membrane and batton out for cladding
2 Install ridge beam and rafters
3 fit marine grade ply to roof and membrane. :)

Spud395

Jeez Damo I would have swore you were older than that, I've even more respect when I see the tools you're using to put this together!
Non modo......sed etiam