• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 06:04:00 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Kegerators Pics

Started by Covey, November 28, 2012, 10:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Covey

Hi,
Im due to start my own build in the next week or so but would love so see some of the other kegerator that are out there!
i wam wee todd did i am sofa king wee todd did

Covey

Good bodge!, is that a yeast salvage in the jar?

Covey

Covey

Not far from the where having a jar comes from?

Stitch

Tube is the bottom of your fridge flat?? Where is the compressor?? Bottom of my fringe only has space for 1 keg and 2kG gas bottle due to compressor!!! It has a glass shelf but not sure how much pressure that would take??

Stitch

Ah I see. Thats my problem as an engineer I started to over complicate and try to work out load baring capacity of glass......  Should have had a few beers and said hump it throw them in!!!!! Time to leave work to re-arrange the fridge me things ;D

Metattron

December 08, 2012, 11:39:42 PM #6 Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:50:45 PM by Metattron
Here are a few pics of my kegerator setup. 

Picked up the frigde second hand for £20.  It's a Hotpoint Iced Diamond. Was a bit battered and scraped, so I gave it a respray to tart it up a bit. 

Removed the shelves from the door, screws are behind the seals.  I cut round the edge of the shelves to get the part that screws on to the door as it keeps the seals in place. 

Then used a hole cutter for the taps, which I got from Barry in MyBeerAndWine. 

It holds two kegs nicely, with the gas tank on the rear shelf, above the compressor.  I had to move the temp controller to the back, easily done as it screws off. 

I used John Guest fittings for the gas line, with a t to split the line and two taps to allow shutting off supply to one keg for force carbing or whatever. 

No need for a change of temp controller as it serves at 8C when set to the lowest (warmest) setting on the fridges own controller.

Added the drip tray with a couple of cheap B&Q shelf brackets and some stick on velcro so it's easily removed for cleaning.

Been running nicely now for the past 6 months no probs, but I'll probably upgrade to something that can hold more kegs next year.  Currently serving a Galaxy pale ale and Pumpkin Ale  8-)
In primary:
In secondary: Wine, Melomel
In keg: Teddy Hopper, Coconut stout, 4 Cs, Buzz bomb, Never Sierra, Bock, OD
In the fridge: Helles Lager, Hob Gob

Ciderhead

December 09, 2012, 02:11:50 PM #7 Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:28:44 PM by Ciderhead
Got the fridge for free, it is a bit rough but as its in my shed no issue, the black plugs on end of taps are to keep out bugs and prevents drips etc

drip tray coming from sis who lives in US

3 connies and gas tank squish into fridge, I could do 4 if I put my gas outside.

I have a timber shelf above the compressor made out of mdf, there is a gap at the front to allow air to circulate. Icecream tub conntains liquid yeasts in vials. some wlp 830 there at the back. and a selection of brews

If I was doing it again I would have taken the size of my tallest bottle and built the shelf that height, that would of given me more room when switching lines above.

blunt

Ciderhead

December 11, 2012, 11:01:49 PM #9 Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:05:55 PM by Ciderhead
Jesus Blunt, thats "Sleeping with the Enemy" all the bottle labels turned out,   polished cornies, little yeast vials lined up in cubbies, I bet you have them in expiration date order :)
I am pulling your leg and wildly Jealous best I have seen by a country mile, my missus would never allow me have that in the kitchen :(

LordEoin

DEMPSEY

That's a clever layout,gives me idea's too,how did you get the wife to agree,actually,as I write,I think I know how it would work with my wife,as long as it does not look gaudy and fits in with the rest of the room,thanks. [smiley=thumbup.gif]
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Covey

Hi Lads,
Finally got my gear together, im delighted how it turned out, thanks to Ciderhead and everone who helped me navigate the task. silmple things like puting the tubing in hot water to get them to fit the fitting really helped.

Ciderhead

QuoteHi Lads,
Finally got my gear together, im delighted how it turned out, thanks to Ciderhead and everone who helped me navigate the task. silmple things like puting the tubing in hot water to get them to fit the fitting really helped.

would you squeeze a third one in the middle at the back and push you tank to one side?

JimmyM

I dont leave my fire extinguisher permanently close - after its carbed to my liking i just give a squeeze whenever it needs it for dispensing - just in case Ive a leak somewhere and i lose a cylinder of gas.
Formerly JamesM.