• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 06:00:59 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Co2 Bottles

Started by lordstilton, July 23, 2013, 12:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordstilton

I was down in the local recycling center earlier and there was a cage full of empty co2 bottles..I pulled two and there up for grabs if anyone wants them..I'll check this thread later on and if there are a few people looking I'll head back down and pull some more if there still there..I wouldn't expect them to be there past today as the cage was full.

lordstilton

Shane I took a spin back over and liberated 8 in total..they all had a little gas left so I was happy the valves were working..they are your run of the mill push handle co2 fire extinguishers...I use the same ones with my set up..you just need to attach a reg...I'll fire up a photo in an hour or so

lordstilton

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47654343@N03/9351749446/ I'm still having bother posting images so heres the link

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

Partridge9

You know what the say -

re-use before you re-cycle -

Well done !

Will_D

Just a word about extinguishers:

They have a dip tube fitted so that when you want to fight a fire you get a load of CO2 in a hurry.

If you are not careful you can freeze the regs with liquid CO2. When getting them refilled ask to have the dip tube removed.

You can always turn them upside down!

Likewise if you want to make dry ice turn your pub bottle (no dip tube) upside down and attach something like a extinguisher nozzle and squirt into a tea towel.

However DO wear really thick gloves as the valve and the bottle will cool down very quickly and your hands will freeze on!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing