• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 02, 2024, 06:49:12 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Writing

Started by iain_todd, August 21, 2013, 11:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain_todd

Hi lads,

Sorry have been off the forum for a while - been moving house so haven't been thinking much about brewing!

Got a nice wee place up the Ormeau Road, so will make turning up for meetings less hassle!

Anyway - Chris has been telling me about invites to review beers etc for the website. I've had a look on the forum, but I've missed so much it's all a bit impenetrable at the moment. If anyone could provide me a run down on the craic, that would be appreciated!
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

Bazza

Hey Iain,

Long time. Glad things have settled.

Ormeau Road then? We're practically neighbours :)

Re: Beer reviews, there's a section in the Members only area (why is this not more public) for beer reviews:

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/board,45.0.html

Other crack? Well, besides the upcoming Hilden Beer festival, all's been trundling along nicely. Plenty of volunteers for the NHC stand, which is good to see. John (Ciderhead) kindly dropped the NHC stuff up with me last night.

Does going to see Nine Inch Nails tonight count as crack?

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

iain_todd

Class, cheers Bazza.

Why, where are you?!

Chris and I have been thinking we could head home after the meetings back up to mine - perhaps do an Ormeau Road pub crawl on the way home! It's good to be back in the city - been a long time.

This hopefully means I can bring up all my demijohns and give some of them away. I have loads.

Yeah going to see NIN could be considered 'craic'. Always loved that EP they did - can't remember the name but it has an orange cover...
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

Bazza

QuoteWhy, where are you?!

Up past the roundabout, between Ormeau and Rosetta Roads.

QuoteChris and I have been thinking we could head home after the meetings back up to mine - perhaps do an Ormeau Road pub crawl on the way home! It's good to be back in the city - been a long time.

Oooo... that could get very messy.

QuoteAlways loved that EP they did - can't remember the name but it has an orange cover...

'Broken'

See you at Hilden!

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Bubbles

Hi Iain, thanks for volunteering you writing skills. Just take a look at the "Posting Guidelines" page in the Beer Reviews forum.

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,3414.0.html

A review is published on the blog every Monday as part of the "Beer of the Week" feature.

Cheers,
Conor.

iain_todd

Cheers Bubbles!

yeah I'll get going on this soon.

And Baz-Meister - that's cool! I'm up in Galwally Park, just behind Homebase pretty much.

So you could accompany us on the monthly Ormeau pub crawl.

Yes that's right, broken. you can really see where Marilyn Manson got his sound from when you listen to that EP. Didn't Trent Reznor produce Antichrist Superstar, or did MM used to play guitar for NIN?