• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 06:23:37 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

a Donegal Blonde!

Started by Olibh, August 25, 2013, 06:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olibh

Hey all
Been making country wine for a while now but only recently moved onto ale as results are quicker!! Made very successful IPA that my husband and his friends quaffed in a couple of weeks(23liters), so must get more on the go asap.  Just back from the Great British Beer Festival in London and my head is spinning with possible brews, there were over 800 ciders and ales on offer so had fab time l ;D
Anyway... I'm hoping to start with a few bought kits and see how they pan out and then will hope to experiment as my knowledge and taste buds develop.  A pub in the local area has started selling Donegal Blonde on draught so there seems to be a trend developing for real ale in north west Donegal at last, much to my English husbands delight.

Greg2013

Welcome to the forums ;D I have several online UK friends that were at the GBBF and they loved it :P
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

irish_goat

Welcome!

Where abouts in Donegal are you?

Olibh

hey Irish goat
I'm from near Milford, which is pretty quiet on the ale front.  Some pubs in the local area that sell the good stuff are not too far away in Rathmullen and Carrigart, but when you can make your own there's no need to decide on which one is going to drive home!