• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 03:19:00 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Belfast Beer Club

Started by belfastbrewer, September 17, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastbrewer

Hopefully setting up a monthly beer club at the hudson.  Hopefully see some members there and hopefully get more people interested in craft beer and home-brewing

Can see it being similar setup to the Whiskey night hudson run.  Should be £10 in with around 7-10 samples.  Each month should be a different take on ales i.e. Stouts, American, IPAs, German, Irish etc

Would really love to incorporate a homebrew each month if possible.  Will be grateful to any one able to spare a few bottles to show punters how good homebrews can be

If anyone has any iodeas or input then fire ahead

Also interested in getting Irish breweries involved too and show us Nordies what were missing out on too

belfastbrewer

First month will prob be start of November and more than likely will be beers Hudson sell as a starter point.

From top of my head this means the like of Tui, Einstock, McWilliams Bros, BrewDog etc. 

To start we will use the Heel BAr which can fit approx 30.  We can use upstairs rooms if it becomes bigger and we want to fit more in

I'll have a facebook page setup asap for it too.  As well as tasting beer this will be an open session for anything linked to ale.  The likes of home-brewers etc are more than welcome to put their points across to 'punters'

In terms of days this will prob be experimental for a while.  Considering a Wed/Thurs but actually think a Sunday after 6 (sunday dinner and Sports matches) could be beneficial

Ciderhead

Is this a commercial enterprise where profits are being made Conor?

belfastbrewer

Not commercial mainly for the love of ale and to get others into it (plus it means I get to try great beers :) )

Any profit (which could be moderate) will be used to buy the more expensive beers.  I know myself I would rarely pay over £6 for a beer but with the beer club this will now be a possibility

Would hope to maybe get some free samples, discounted beers from off-licences, brewerys etc as they could use the night as a form of advertising or even marketing

Would like to think I could get a good setup with local off-icences GAP wines, vineyard etc and even mchughs,ie to help it run smootly and in turn give them extra business. 

belfastbrewer

Before making a fool of myself i'll do the maths later

But approx, was thinking with the prices about 100ml of ale is £1-£1.50, therefore for £10 you should get about hopefully 8-10 samples.

I'm hoping some good souls can be generous with cheaper offers and some home-brews.  The main aim is to get punters into drinking proper ale and for the word to spread.  Obviously hoping on the back of this that more people will take up brewing and move away from buying 'sub-standard' drinks :)

Interaction will also be key so hopefully like the whiskey club (minus loads of bad and nasty language) it will be good craic :)

sub82

Interesting enough!

Would it be yourself hosting the night?

belfastbrewer

The first Beer Club will held on Thursday 17th October at The Hudson, £10 entry fee.  If you can 'Like' the Facebook page that would be great  https://www.facebook.com/belfast.beerclub.7

Yes, will be myself and Matthew, more me introducing the club etc  and Matthew being the expert :)  Dont be expecting ant & dec haha

hope you and the wife-to-be can make it sub82 :)

Hopefully have a time-table on each months general theme asap