• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 05:33:35 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

October Belfast Meet - Brew day at the Hudson

Started by Bazza, September 27, 2013, 03:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

Following on from this Saturday's postponed brew day I've put up a poll for an alternative date in October.
I can only do the 12th and the 19th, but was wondering do people normally vote for ALL the dates that suit them or can you only pick one date?

Edit: I've just seen that you can set the maximum number of votes per user in the poll setup. It defaults to 1.

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Bill_00

You can only actually pick 1 it seems...perhaps voting for what you CAN'T make would be better for future?

Bazza

Quote from: Bill_00 on September 27, 2013, 04:27:29 PM
You can only actually pick 1 it seems...perhaps voting for what you CAN'T make would be better for future?

I can't make 2 dates in October.

Maybe We should make it that you have 1 vote for every option in the poll, so if all 4 days suit, you can vote for all 4. This would, of course, rely on the honesty of folk not to vote 4 times for the 1 date they can make.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Roo

I'm new to this forum and a real novice in terms of home brewing. Doing kits at the minute but looking to go to all grain and would love to see it from start to finish to get to grips of what's needed. Are you happy to have a gate-crasher? I have no sway but could make 19th Oct. Thanks.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

sub82

September 29, 2013, 08:41:36 AM #4 Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:25:49 PM by sub82
Scuppered again! We don't have any weekends free in October.

On the 26th we're taking a keg of Ormeau Dark to Dublin for this if anyone's free/interested.

Should be a good day out!

Bazza

Quote from: sub82 on September 29, 2013, 08:41:36 AM
On the 26th we're taking a keg of Ormeau Dark to Dublin for this if anyone's free/interested.

Dammit! It's my youngest's 3rd birthday party that day. You couldn't drop a keg of Ormeau Dark round to mine on your way, could you? Might help dull the pain.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Quote from: Bazza on September 29, 2013, 12:19:16 PM

Dammit! It's my youngest's 3rd birthday party that day. You couldn't drop a keg of Ormeau Dark round to mine on your way, could you? Might help dull the pain.

-Barry

Haha! Definitely! Could start claiming medicinal properties?

Mattyblade1

Guys the 19th suits me, but are we postponing again as October doesn't suit anyone ?

Thanks

Matt.

PS didn't go down on Sat as I thought postponed. Would have gone to meet everyone, just didn't check the forum again

Mattyblade1

Sorry. How rude of me . Hi Razza how it going mate ? I'm new also. Welcome.

sub82

Me too!  :-[

Sorry Razzer - welcome aboard! You'd be more than welcome at the brewday - there's not really a fixed clique of regulars at the meets. Everyone's welcome to get involved!

Bazza

Quote from: Mattyblade1 on September 29, 2013, 09:00:11 PM
Guys the 19th suits me, but are we postponing again as October doesn't suit anyone ?

Hi Matt,

We're still seeing what date suits the most folk. As long as we get a handful of people who can bring the necessary equipment and ingredients between them, then it's still a go-er. Looks like the 19th of October is the most popular date so far.

@Razzer - Sorry I missed your intro too. Welcome to the forum. Like Chris (Sub82) says, all comers are welcome to the brewdays and meetings. No pre-requisites apart from a liking for craft beer.

@Andy - How're you fixed for October? Does the same plan as last Saturday's postponed brew day suit you still?

Cheers,

-Barry

― Groucho Marx

Bill_00

26th...I'll be horribly hungover....any other day, good times!

Roo

Thanks guys. Will keep checking out the forum......bound to need some silly questions asked.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Bazza

Hi All,

I'm going to close the poll this evening, but it's looking as if October 19th is the preferred date having 3, yes 3 times as many votes as its nearest contender, with a total of 3 votes.

Just in case there's a late spurt for this Saturday it'd be wise to end voting today to allow time for sorting out the logistics and letting Hudson know, etc.

Since 19th is looking like the probably date, how's about a quick head count of those that can make it? Will we go for the same recipe & arrangement as before?

1. Barry (malt, bittering hops & equipment)

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

matthewdick23

i can pop in and say hi- pretty busy day for me. let me know if u need equip or ingreds.

weathersppons festival starts that wk- might be good for a pre or post pint