• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 04:30:04 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

October Belfast Meet - Brew day at the Hudson

Started by Bazza, September 27, 2013, 03:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

Unfortunately can't make this as we've a birthday on the north coast but have plenty of pale malt if needed.

Bazza

Okay. Polls have closed, votes counted, 19th October it is!

@Chris - Pity you can't make it. Thanks for the offer of Pale, but we should be sorted.
@Matthew - Hope you can make it down for a while. W/spoons festival? Sounds tempting...

So before I alert the Hudson, any more movement on the head count?

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

STAB8790

New to the forum/home brewing but hopefully can call down at some stage (work permitting)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BrewBilly

Quote from: Bazza on October 01, 2013, 01:14:01 PM
Quote from: Mattyblade1 on September 29, 2013, 09:00:11 PM
Guys the 19th suits me, but are we postponing again as October doesn't suit anyone ?

Hi Matt,

We're still seeing what date suits the most folk. As long as we get a handful of people who can bring the necessary equipment and ingredients between them, then it's still a go-er. Looks like the 19th of October is the most popular date so far.

@Razzer - Sorry I missed your intro too. Welcome to the forum. Like Chris (Sub82) says, all comers are welcome to the brewdays and meetings. No pre-requisites apart from a liking for craft beer.

@Andy - How're you fixed for October? Does the same plan as last Saturday's postponed brew day suit you still?

Cheers,

-Barry

Bazza

Yea I am good for the 19th, I can still bring crystal malt and fuggles. Plan as per the last brewday suits me

Cheers
Andy
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

Bazza

Yea I am good for the 19th, I can still bring crystal malt and fuggles. Plan as per the last brewday suits me

Cheers
Andy

Nice one Andy. Yeah; I reckon we keep the same plan. You still okay to bring an FV with you too?

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

guys - hope to call in for a while, to introduce myself but very much depends on the day. Boomtown Rats on the Friday, and maybe curry and a few? beers before and after - who knows. Football, swimming with the kids and whatever's left of my hangover on Saturday morning. I have some fuggles, styrian goldings and a wee bit of black malt that I'm happy to donate - which kind of fits with the brew plan. Let me know if you need it. Andy.

BrewBilly

Yea, I ill also bring an FV. Looking forward to it
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

Roo

The only equipment I have is that I am a willing student. If Saturday us still on what sort of time do you begin?
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Bazza

No worries, Razzer. That's all you'll need.

Hoping to kick things off between 12 and 1. I would ideally like the mash in before 1. Might just do a 60 minute mash instead of the normal 90, for speed.

Does anyone have a decent thermometer they could bring? I broke my good glass one last week, so am reduced to this cheapo digital one that takes about half an hour to tell you what you'd already guessed long ago.

Still waiting for final confirmation from the Hudson, but shouldn't be a problem. Only worry now is the weather. Looking a little unsettled for Saturday so far.

So, who're the definites again for Saturday?

So far I've:

Definites: Barry, Andy, Razzer
Hoping to call in: Matthew, Quiet man, Stab, Matt.

Any others?

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Bill_00

kaipee

W00T!   ;D

I'll be there for sure.
I'm just getting ready to move to AG so don't really have any equipment (or much knowledge lol) to bring. I have the usual basic stuff (FV, FV/barell with tap, bits n bobs if anything is useful).

I missed the first few so will defo be at this one!

Bazza

Nice one Chris and fubofo!

On a side note, would anyone be able to bring a solution of non-rinse sanitiser with them? Just enough to swirl round the inside of the FVs?
A spray might be nice too.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

kaipee

I got some Vanodine V18 that I use, can bring it with me.
Do you just want me to bring the undiluted bottle so you can mix both non-rinse and rinse?

Do they allow us to use their water?

Bazza

Quote from: fubofo on October 17, 2013, 05:42:08 PM
I got some Vanodine V18 that I use, can bring it with me.
Do you just want me to bring the undiluted bottle so you can mix both non-rinse and rinse?

Hi Fubofo, that'd be great. Even some pre-mixed non-rinse would do the job.

Quote from: fubofo on October 17, 2013, 05:42:08 PM
Do they allow us to use their water?

I certainly hope so; I'm taking a hose reel down for the wort cooler.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Sounds like it's gonna be a good one! Pity we can't make it  :-X