• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 24, 2024, 09:21:57 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Another new Kerry Brewer

Started by Mastiff, September 29, 2013, 10:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mastiff

Just wanted to log in and say hi . Been brewing for about a year . An living near Killarney, Kerry. Great site lads.!!!!!!

LordEoin

Chrisht! The kingdom are getting strong.
Welcome Mastiff :)

Mastiff

thanks eoin.
just done my first partial grain brew, its a harvest stout with 1.5kg of lager grain and dry hopped with 24g of tettnanger hops at day 6.
going to take the step of full grain extract brewing when I get around to sorting out a boiling tank.
just bought a tig welder and plasma cutter so wil be experimenting in the next few weeks.

LordEoin

With a tig welder and plasma cutter i'd be aiming to build a time machine

DEMPSEY

A tig and a plasma cutter are you a welder by trade.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Mastiff

October 03, 2013, 09:23:29 PM #5 Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:53:17 PM by Mastiff
yes I am a welder, Dempsey. I am planning on building my own hermes setup using 70 litre stockpots from the home brew company, I have done quite a bit of research over the last few months and feel confident that I can make a good working system. I bought the plasma, tig, arc set to make my own brewing plant. the full brewing setup costs a fortune to buy from dealers so I should be about breaking even on my purchase of the welding gear when I finally finish the project. also will still have the welding setup for future projects...... I shall keep you informed of progress, photos an updates.

DEMPSEY

Ye can move to Dublin if ye want. Home of Sam :P
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Garry

Quote from: Mastiff on October 03, 2013, 09:23:29 PM
yes I am a welder, Dempsey. I am planning on building my own hermes setup using 70 litre stockpots from the home brew company, I have done quite a bit of research over the last few months and feel confident that I can make a good working system. I bought the plasma, tig, arc set to make my own brewing plant. the full brewing setup costs a fortune to buy from dealers so I should be about breaking even on my purchase of the welding gear when I finally finish the project. also will still have the welding setup for future projects...... I shall keep you informed of progress, photos an updates.

That sounds great, I'm looking forward to seeing it progress  :)

Welcome to the group.

Mastiff

I am the co worker of the other Kerry brewer . the turner. so will have to hop some ideas off each other.  ;D