• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:52:35 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brew Demo - Mad Monk, Midleton Nov 6th 19:30

Started by johnrm, October 14, 2013, 08:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

I guess this comes under Education.

I'm going to put together a kit brew on the night, give away samples and blab for an hour or so.
I was chatting with that staff and management over the past few weeks and they are very open to this

An Evening of Brewing
with
The National Homebrew Club
in association with
Mad Monk, Midleton
featuring
Homebrew demo – Make a batch of beer on the night!
Equipment and Process
Free beer samples
Discussion of Beer, Wine and Cider, Recipes and Ingredients
Wed  6th Nov 7:30pm-9pm
Mad Monk, Church Lane, Midleton
For more details...
www.nationalhomebrewclub.com
Email johnrm@nationalhomebrewclub.com
Phone John 086-8091777

Garry

What are you brewing John? You realise it's a school night in November? Wouldn'd everyone be off the drink for the holy souls?

Do you need a hand? I might be able to get a few hours leave (if I'm not too busy growing my mustache :{ ).

johnrm

You're more than welcome Garry.
It would be great to have another NHC T-Shirt in the place.

I have a MYOB Wheat beer, out of date, but it will be grand.
7:30 is to get the Irish in, kickoff will be more like 8PM.

Holy Souls? They don't HAVE to drink. If they get brewing while the religious prohibition is in place, they'll be like Master McGrath out of the trap after a Rabbit dipped in gravy getting stuck into their creations!

I know its a school night. Parents will be home from Work, and it will be a nice 'alternative' midweek night out.
Weekends are too busy and the pub isn't huge.
Mad Monk are doing an Oktobertfest this weekend, so I've A4 posters dropped in, so will hopefully pick up a few punters.
They're going to Tweet and Facebook it too.

I'm brewing a kit, but bringing most of my gear to touch on the whole process, plus a few bottles and a keg for tasters.

Garry

Pencil me in so.

I'll be driving from Bishopstown to Midleton. Does anyone else along the way want a lift? We can do a few decades of the rosary to shorten the journey :P

johnrm

derfel

I saw a sign there advertising this this evening. I'll pop along, hopefully I can say hi to a few people.

johnrm

Who has the keys to the tweet machine?
Can we blag this?

johnrm

I have done the short article, the Facebook bit didn't .

Ciderhead

50 bods attentively listening to johnrm, well done Mr Mangan, and Garry, those boys could go pro!

mr hoppy

derfel

that went really well - great turnout and a very impressive demo.

thanks and it was great to meet people in the club. I think there's definite potential for an East Cork Homebrew club :)

johnrm

Hey Brian, thanks for coming, it was nice to meet up.

I was delighted with the turnout, we had a very positive response from an attentive crowd.
I was cautious about advertising the event as too many people would almost be worse than too few.
I think there was sufficient interest to try for monthly meets.
As last night was First Wednesday, lets stick with this and see how we go, I think the time worked well too.

New thread on Rebel Brewers details follow up meets...
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,4539.0.html

Thanks to John CH for doing Bad Cop and filing in the white space while I had to concentrate on the brew.
Special thanks to the lovely Garry - great job stirring and temp control!