• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:58:49 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

National Brewing Championships 2014 - Discussion

Started by Rossa, November 13, 2013, 06:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

Quote from: DEMPSEY on November 17, 2013, 01:27:21 PM
As its heading towards late November we should be planning a few logistic,s soon no. :)

Definitely. We'll not get much organised during silly season and then come January it'll only be 2 months to go.

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I'm up for judging, I suspect I will also be entering a beer or two while I'm at it  ;)
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

Cahalbrua

Is it 2 x 500ml bottles again.
C.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Cahalbrua

Thanks shane

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

irish_goat

I think we should be strict on this. Last year I'd say there were at least 15-20 entries that were in larger or smaller bottles and some were quite clearly identifiable as well.

akavango

Quote from: irish_goat on December 14, 2013, 04:51:56 PM
I think we should be strict on this. Last year I'd say there were at least 15-20 entries that were in larger or smaller bottles and some were quite clearly identifiable as well.

I did enter a bottle larger than 500ml last year because I accidently drunk one of the 2 500ml that I was saving for the competition. Lucky you didn't imposed that rule last year, It was my winning Belgian in that bottle.

So when can we register and when do we have to send the bottles by?

Ciderhead

Have a look in competition area, notice posted today

akavango

Sorry but I just can't find it the link to the competition page. Can you post it in this forum?

Garry

Quote from: akavango on January 07, 2014, 12:48:58 PM
Sorry but I just can't find it the link to the competition page. Can you post it in this forum?

General discussions - members area - competition 2014

(I can't do links in tapatalk)

Ciderhead

Rossa

I love a poll even though I can't see them. Lock and load and blow it up.

Ciaran

I've been thinking about entering 21B category, but having looked at the rules, would 2 x 350ml winter specialty beers be turned away? 

(I'd have no issues sending 4 of them in order to make up the volume if it was permitted)

irish_goat

Quote from: Ciaran on February 10, 2014, 10:21:59 PM
I've been thinking about entering 21B category, but having looked at the rules, would 2 x 350ml winter specialty beers be turned away? 

(I'd have no issues sending 4 of them in order to make up the volume if it was permitted)

350ml bottles are allowed but on a members only basis. Only €10 to sign up for a year and it comes with heaps of benefits.  :)
http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/membership/

Ciaran

Great thanks.  I'll get signed up and drop a few into the Vineyard ;)

irish_goat