• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:10:07 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

December Meet

Started by sub82, November 17, 2013, 11:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

November 17, 2013, 11:01:03 AM Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 11:33:10 AM by sub82
Should we do something different for the December meet?  Like dinner in the Hudson with partners or something? Might be a good way to repay some of their hospitality?

Going for a Wednesday/Thursday evening as weekends in December are usually too busy!

iain_todd

Defos canny do 19th as it's my work Xmas do, and I wanna leave it a bit later in the month so my latest brew is ready and primed...
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

matthewdick23

i voted 12th

thats the dec beer club. dinner then beer club anyone?

Quiet_Man

The 12th? That's Black Sabbath night. Surely you are all going?

iain_todd

A bit Scroogy, but I'm going to a few dinners this year and money will be tight as it is! So I vote the usual piss up!
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

Bazza

Quote from: Quiet_Man on November 17, 2013, 10:03:19 PM
The 12th? That's Black Sabbath night. Surely you are all going?

I can't do tonight because it's Queens of the Stone Age night.

I know tonight wasn't one of the options but I just had to tell folk about QOTSA :)

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

QuoteI can't do tonight because it's Queens of the Stone Age night.

Nice one Bazza! Enjoy!

I've 50L of my latest brew to bottle! Might have to crank up the volume to help get me through all the bottle cleaning!

Bill_00

Middle of the month I should be able to manage! Definitely wanna get down to this one

Bazza

Aye, gutted I missed the last one. Can't do the 12th, unfortunately; work team Christmas dinner and, crucially, paid for by work  :P

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

BrewBilly

Quote from: matthewdick23 on November 17, 2013, 09:56:20 PM
i voted 12th

thats the dec beer club. dinner then beer club anyone?

Sounds like a plan Matt, I cant doing anything after the 13th Dec as I will be in SA
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

sub82

Cool so 11th or 12th - I'll ring the Hudson and check the craic for either of those nights.

Are we bringing homebrew samples to this? Should we se if they can get us an interesting beer or two to sample?

I'm thinking some sort of rinsey Quad or something like the Black Sheep - Progress Celebration Ale.

matthewdick23

could do- see what they say

if they can't - id be keen to be a no homebrew night and support hudson with their beers entirely for an evening

thoughts?

sub82

Sounds good to me. As you say it would be good to support their beers. I see they've a guest tap now - pretty rinsey!

Bazza

Guest tap in the Hudson??? Nice one. That bar just went up another notch in my estimation.

Don't judge me but I genuinely like wetherspoons. Was there for a few pre-gig pints last night. Whitewater Hoppelhammer for £2.65! get in!

11th11th11th11th (reaching out to your subconscious).

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

matthewdick23

lol barry

yeah, hudson are about to compltely change their whole beer selection. theyve added in tiny rebel and are gonna do 2 rotating guest taps each month afaik