• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 11:10:48 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

December Meet

Started by sub82, November 17, 2013, 11:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

Yeah it's Tiny Rebel's Fubar on first - 2 rotating guest taps will be class!

Just about to ring - will check the 11th (or 12th as a 2nd choice) for 8-10 around 7-8pm. I'll keep yeees posted.

sub82

Right - spoke to the Hudson!

They're gonna email me menus and we can book with a £5 deposit per head. Would setting up a paypal thing be the best way to go?

BrewBilly

Sounds good, a paypal option would work for me
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

sub82

Good stuff! We're provisionally booked for the 11th at 7.30 - see attached for the menu.

We just need the deposit to confirm - I've double checked PayPal and as far as I can see they won't charge if I use it for collecting deposits. Does anyone know if this is right?

Quiet_Man

Sorry folks - guess I'm to remain annonymous!

11th doesn't suit - the Mrs has her xmas-do and as I'm out 12th (Black Sabbath night as previously declared), 13th for my own works-do and the 14th for our footy club do - its a busy week!

Enjoy!

Bill_00

Didn't realise we were gonna do a proper Christmas menu...it may price me out of this  :-\ Money is a wee bit tight, shall consult the missus!

That Tiny Rebel FUBAR is amazing!

irish_goat

Quote from: Bazza on November 22, 2013, 09:45:45 AM
Guest tap in the Hudson??? Nice one. That bar just went up another notch in my estimation.

Don't judge me but I genuinely like wetherspoons. Was there for a few pre-gig pints last night. Whitewater Hoppelhammer for £2.65! get in!-Barry

Is this cask Whitewater in Wetherspoons? Been trying to get the Derry ones to order in more stuff from Ireland but always just get the response "we normally just have it in for festivals".

Bazza

Quote from: irish_goat on November 28, 2013, 12:40:37 PM
Is this cask Whitewater in Wetherspoons? Been trying to get the Derry ones to order in more stuff from Ireland but always just get the response "we normally just have it in for festivals".

Yep; they had that and Belfast Ale on tap last week and the week before.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

irish_goat

Quote from: Bazza on November 28, 2013, 03:49:57 PM
Quote from: irish_goat on November 28, 2013, 12:40:37 PM

Yep; they had that and Belfast Ale on tap last week and the week before.

-Barry

Didn't know they got craft beers in on draught. I've fired off an email to Wetherspoons so hopefully they'll take note.

BrewBilly

Would the Hudson not just have the standard menu available?
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

iain_todd

Money's gonna be a prob for me, too. Dunno if I'll make this...

:-[
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

sub82

Quote from: BrewBilly on November 28, 2013, 04:26:22 PM
Would the Hudson not just have the standard menu available?

I will check this out today!

Do we also need to rethink the meet if dinner is pricing people out of it? Would beers and some sides (chicken wings, etc.) be better?

Bill_00

The Cucina Povera place will certainly be open. Surely just a matter or finding enough space for us all somewhere in the bar?

I know that's what I thought we were talking about originally, just a more relaxed meet with some food.

sub82

Quote from: Bill_00 on November 29, 2013, 10:47:22 AM
The Cucina Povera place will certainly be open. Surely just a matter or finding enough space for us all somewhere in the bar?

I know that's what I thought we were talking about originally, just a more relaxed meet with some food.

Cool! Will see today - what is the Cucina Povera?

iain_todd

Don't change anything on my behalf, I'm just having to be a bit cheap over the next few weeks, as Xmas is absolutely destructive. Drinking and eating at the Hudson would, I imagine, be quite pricey!

Tamsin and I have decided to forgo our usual Xmas meal out and just do something nice at home - so every aspect of my social expenditure is facing austerity!

You guys just do whatever and I and others can always make it down later for a few swall-meisters...

O0
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan