• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:22:12 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

December Meet

Started by sub82, November 17, 2013, 11:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain_todd

Quote from: sub82 on November 29, 2013, 11:51:02 AM
Quote from: Bill_00 on November 29, 2013, 10:47:22 AM
The Cucina Povera place will certainly be open. Surely just a matter or finding enough space for us all somewhere in the bar?

I know that's what I thought we were talking about originally, just a more relaxed meet with some food.

Cool! Will see today - what is the Cucina Povera?

Seems to be their bar food menu
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

matthewdick23

no its a new restaurant opened in the corner by the royal ave entrance. they still do bar food separately, in the bar. the restaurant is a separate building and menu

sub82

Cool! They're gonna email through more menus so I'll get them up.

Sounds like it will be grand to have an area for us without having to pay a deposit and we can order from whatever menu.

Will keep yous posted!

sub82

Here are 2 more menu options - see attached.

What does everyone think?

They've to get back to me on the Cucina Povera place.

kaipee

I could go a Crowes peppered steak :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

sub82

Quote from: iTube on December 03, 2013, 09:30:52 AM
Chaps will you put this in the Calendar, thanks!

Ah yeah - will get it in now!

BrewBilly

either of those menus sound good to me. Altough I am partial to chicken wings so canape menu option 1
Addicted Amateur

DJ: Empty
FV1: Ausie Pale Ale
FV2: Hefeweizen
Plans: Centennial SMaSH

Bazza

Sorry for the lack of replies the last few days. Just back from  a 3-day musical festival in Camber Sands, SE England (ATP - All Tomorrow's Parties) and, due to a heady mixture of late nights, loud bands, crowd-surfing, pogo-ing, huge amounts of whiskey and gallons of awful beer (aka Tetley - I eventually caved in and just went on the Stella) I've only today returned to work and partial normality.

Either of those 2 menus look good to me. I think the Christmas menu was a bit of an ask on folk, so hopefully the cheaper option will coax more folk down next Wednesday.

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

matthewdick23

i think we should make a documentary of Barry's life...

Bazza

Quote from: matthewdick23 on December 04, 2013, 04:19:51 PM
i think we should make a documentary of Barry's life...

Too late, Matthew; it's been done. They called it 'Last of the Summer Wine'.

Quote from: iTube on December 04, 2013, 04:23:43 PM
Was in Camber Sands a few years ago.
You weren't at Pontins, were you? That's where the festival was, and it was a total sh*thole. Still, chalets beat tents any day.

-Barry

― Groucho Marx

Bill_00

Definitely up for the normal menu!

I shall be there!!

Bazza

So, what's the deal here - are we all bringing our SO's to this one, as a means of convincing them that people you meet through the internet aren't necessarily weirdos i.e. forum does not equal chat room?

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

So will we go for the normal menu then? Andy - I think it has chicken wings on it? This is definitely better as people can eat as much or as little as they like!

Barry - yeah if they're up for it!!

Bill_00

Depending on the GF's shift patterns I'm sure I can convince her

sub82

Just spoke to them - we still have to do £5 a head and pre-order our food regardless of the menu. Would everyone be ok with this?