• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 12:25:33 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Ale Festival

Started by Roo, November 21, 2013, 02:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain_todd

Yeah we're heading down early cos it'll be cheaper and there'll be less people. Should be good.

It's 'loud shirt' day as well on Saturday, so make sure you wear yours...

8)
"I was in a bar in Dublin, and it had one of those coasters and it said, 'Drink Canada Dry', so I thought I'd give it a shot" - Brendan Behan

Bazza

Just back from it. Called in for the cheaper entry. Bloody conscientious gits I work wouldn't bow to my persuasion to stay for a half one. Back in the office with a severe thirst :(

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

Quote from: Il Tubo on November 22, 2013, 01:42:49 PM
You mean you went in and didn't drink beer?

I am not a man  :(

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

Ah man! Just been looking at the beer list. St Austell's Proper Job!! One of my all time favourite beers. You beauty!

Erm, actually it's very very horrible and I don't recommend it to anyone; you'd all hate it. *phew*

-Dog in a Manger
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Haha! Looking forward to trying some of the new local brewery beers like Clear Sky and Poker Tree. Also want to try the White Gypsy - Trent Bitter. Haven't had a bad beer by them yet!

Quiet_Man

Interested in what you think of Clear Sky's Fulcrum Wheat Beer. Got a couple of bottles in The Vinyard last week.

Thinking a Wheat Beer as my next brew!

Anyone try Innishmacsaint's new Porter?

mr hoppy

Quote from: sub82 on November 22, 2013, 06:12:14 PMAlso want to try the White Gypsy - Trent Bitter. Haven't had a bad beer by them yet!

Had this in W.J. Kavanagh's recently. Very nice English bitter.

sub82

Quote from: Quiet_Man on November 22, 2013, 09:15:30 PM
Interested in what you think of Clear Sky's Fulcrum Wheat Beer. Got a couple of bottles in The Vinyard last week.

Definitely! Really interested to see what it's like.

Quote from: Quiet_Man on November 22, 2013, 09:15:30 PM
Anyone try Innishmacsaint's new Porter?

Also looking forward to trying this!

sub82

Quote from: mr happy on November 23, 2013, 02:40:38 AM
Quote from: sub82 on November 22, 2013, 06:12:14 PMAlso want to try the White Gypsy - Trent Bitter. Haven't had a bad beer by them yet!

Had this in W.J. Kavanagh's recently. Very nice English bitter.

Sounds good - thinking of doing some bitters next!

Bazza

My head hurts.

Good festival. Decent range of beers. And don't worry, Chris; I made sure to leave plenty for you today.

Just don't expect Katy Dalys to have any whiskey left   :-[

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Nice one Barry! Any recommendations as to what should be the first beer of the day?

Bazza

The obligatory Dark Star, if if hasn't run out.

A personal favourite if mine is St Austell's Tribute. One if those cases where the cask version is infinitely superior to the bottle

Was pretty impressed by Metalman's pale.

The rest is a bit of a fog, I'm afraid. We called into work at the end of the night to pick up our coats and now as a result there's a photo in circulation of me having drawn a c**k and b***s  on our meeting whiteboard. Mature!

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Quiet_Man

It's going to be ~5 before I make it down now. Hope I'm not just left with the dregs!

So....Dark Star, St Austell, Metalman, Innishmacsaint, ClearSky............that'll do before a break for a curry! Then back 'til kicking out time........

mmmmmmmmmm.......me fears for my own head tomorrow morning!

Roo

Dont bother with the curry......Steak pie with mash and gravy from Jolly Pies or a Belfast Bap with relish at Hugh and Lillys....both within staggering distance and you never have to leave the hall.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

kaipee

Dammit, looks like I'll be heading to this late lol - and by myself  ::)