• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 05:30:06 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Amazon & Royal Mail

Started by admin, November 22, 2013, 10:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Chaps, ordered something on Amazon to get delivered to an NI address, but it's taking an awful long time to be delivered.

It was received by RM on Monday, spent 3 days in a sorting office in England somewhere, before finally being recorded as being in NI today, but still not out for delivery.

Is this normal, or is there a Christmas rush or something?

matthewdick23

I order frm amazon quite a bit. It varies loads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Bazza

+1 Matthew. Depends on the seller. Normally the delivery is 2-3 days. Very good.

On a related note, I'm just about to order my Christmas present from the missus from Homebrewwest, a malt mill. Am at checkout but there's no facility for entering NHC number for discount. Tried phoning them but no answer. How do you use the code?

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

Cheers, Shane. I did get to that screen, stuck in the number and got an error:

Error: The coupon code you have entered is not valid, please use the back link and try again.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Damofto

I've been finding Royal mail very slow over the past month or so, its taking 3/4 weeks sometimes.

I used the Homebewest code on wednesday no problems.

Will_D

Quote from: Bazza on November 22, 2013, 10:43:59 AM
Tried phoning them but no answer. How do you use the code?
Wait till after about 12 or so - don't think they go in before 11 !!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Bazza

Quote from: Damofto on November 22, 2013, 11:36:02 AM
I used the Homebewest code on wednesday no problems.

Yes; but unlike you, I was being a complete idiot and using my card membership number  ::) Duh!

All sorted now.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

sub82

Quote from: Bazza on November 22, 2013, 10:43:59 AM

On a related note, I'm just about to order my Christmas present from the missus from Homebrewwest, a malt mill.

Dead Jealous!

Will_D

Quote from: Il Tubo on November 22, 2013, 10:27:51 AM
Chaps, ordered something on Amazon to get delivered to an NI address, but it's taking an awful long time to be delivered.

It was received by RM on Monday, spent 3 days in a sorting office in England somewhere, before finally being recorded as being in NI today, but still not out for delivery.

Is this normal, or is there a Christmas rush or something?

Getting back OT:
Ordered from Amazon.uk on 14th (last Thursday), Dispatched on 15th, Got email from Parcel Motel on 19th (Tuesday). Picked up Tuesday afternoon.

Wow! That was quick!

Thing about Amazon: Not all the stuff comes from Amazon! A lot of orders are redirected to other suppliers so its up to them! Then of course there's the local distribution end to consider!

Just got a small packet (tracked for €4 :) ) from Spain - took 16 days to arrive!. It was tracked so I know it was put into the Spanish post system day after order!

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Parrot

Royal Mail seems to think Ireland is on the dark side of the Moon so deliveries, North or South, often take considerable time.

Standard delivery times, USPS-Texas to Wexford - 5 days, Royal Mail-Liverpool to Wexford 12-15 days - go figure ::)

P 8)