• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 09:59:07 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Ale Festival

Started by Roo, November 21, 2013, 02:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

So... any more verdicts... or am I a little early looking for opinions? It's not 11 yet.

(Not looking forward to my 2pm meeting on Monday, knowing what I drew on that whiteboard. Gonna be hard keeping a straight face. Hope it all rubbed out properly. Someone was sick in one of the lifts too; rotten)

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

kaipee

By the time I got there and what from was left - Conwy Rampart was drinkable.

Not much else to report on, nothing stood out

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

sub82

Some good stuff on today. Dark Star - The Dark Arts was great, nice and hoppy but not too strong. Metalman - Smoke Screen was really interesting. Salopian - Hop Twister and Darwin's Origin were amazing, really hoppy i would guess nelson/galalxy/citra! Lovely stuff!

Also managed to have a bottle of the ClearSky/Fulcrum Wheat beer in the Garrick - great stuff! Really estery/bananay/clovey! A good wheat beer!

Bazza

Garrick's a great wee bar. If only they could do even one ale on tap & not just bottles.

Although, they're one of the handful of Belfast pubs that manage to make Guinness taste amazing, so forgiveness where it's due.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

kaipee

Damn you sub82 lol, most of that was gone by the time I got there

sub82

Quote from: kaipee on November 23, 2013, 11:20:25 PM
Damn you sub82 lol, most of that was gone by the time I got there

Haha! It was the same for Iain and me - everything we had wanted to try was sold out but the beers we had were good! Think next year we might go Thursday evening/Friday day. Might be a good social time to go.

Bazza

Sorry lads. Most of the stuff you wanted to try on Saturday I'd already sent down the Lagan by the end of Friday night  :o

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

kaipee

Quote from: sub82 on November 23, 2013, 11:44:39 PM

Haha! It was the same for Iain and me - everything we had wanted to try was sold out but the beers we had were good! Think next year we might go Thursday evening/Friday day. Might be a good social time to go.

Not a bad idea. Personally I find it strange to have a beer festival on a Thursday (work, etc).

Maybe we should arrange a club meet up for the Friday next year?

kaipee

I will say the Kilmegan bottle aged stuff was pretty decent. Got a sneaky sample just after 11

Quiet_Man

Yep - not much choice left by the time I got there. Metalman's Smokscreen probably the best I sampled.

Head remarkably clear this morning!

sub82

Quote from: kaipee on November 23, 2013, 11:53:58 PM

Not a bad idea. Personally I find it strange to have a beer festival on a Thursday (work, etc).

Maybe we should arrange a club meet up for the Friday next year?

Sounds good! We'll definitely have to get this organised!