• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:51:35 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Liffey Brewers Dublin Area Homebrew Competition 2014 ***Prizes Announced ***

Started by delzep, December 07, 2013, 01:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciderhead

Delzep can you just confirm what Tube said was ok?

Rossa

Quote from: iTube on December 10, 2013, 10:10:21 AM
Quote from: irishrover32 on December 10, 2013, 09:48:58 AM
Did I see somewhere that there was a catogory for clone beers?

No, but it's an interesting idea though!

The BJCP puts them in category 23. These are commercial beers that don't fit the other guidelines.

Will_D

As Thomas said most of the GB swing tops have graphics on the tops!

Rather than black marker why not get a sheet of small stcky white circles (lables) and then write the entry number on them?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

delzep

December 10, 2013, 12:51:57 PM #18 Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:34:31 PM by delzep
Quote from: CH on December 10, 2013, 10:24:00 AM
Delzep can you just confirm what Tube said was ok?
As some entries may already be bottled, any plain cap is allowed. I'll get some small round stickers for flip tops.

Remember that bottles won't be returned so entering flip tops is not advised

Ciderhead

delzep

Entries are starting to come in thick and fast folks. Don't be left out.

In other news, I can't see any issue (apart from time!) in emailing scoresheet results for each beer after the competition

delzep

Tidied up the original post to include a few changes to entry conditions (changes to entries, using plain caps, and entering the competition with using the excel form)

Partridge9

Delzep,

The Comp looks great ! Well done on the organising.
You put me down for a Judge. It will be great experience for the BJCP exam.

I'll talk to the others in the class on Thursday - see who else is around.

delzep

Great stuff thanks for that.

I've now hit the magic 10 judges, thanks to everyone for volunteering their time and effort

delzep

Put this into the calendar so its been tweeted automatically by @HomebrewClubIrl.....a few retweets would be nice....

delzep

Beerfly has kindly offered to act as a drop off point for the city centre (ish) area - send him a PM if you wish to drop off your beers to him.

When dropping off beers can everyone please put some sort of identification on the bottle (e.g. your name and the name of the beer). Unlabelled beers unfortunately cannot be judged and must be excluded

First post will be updated to reflect this  :)

baphomite51

do u have to include information for each beer like its ABV, SRM, gravitys? would these not be needed to judge how well it complied with the BJCP style guidlines?

delzep

Category number is all that is needed. If only one beer had all that other information passed onto the judges it would lose its anonymity

Will_D

Both ABV and SRM would be at best "Educated Guesses" by the brewer at worst they would be pure Guesstimates. A total dweeb could also get the FG wrong.
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

delzep

Don't forget that judges and stewards can also enter this competition (the judges won't be judging their own beer)