• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 04:38:06 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

First batch laid down

Started by Roo, December 13, 2013, 08:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roo

Been a while since ive been on the forum what with work commitments and that oul christmas malarky.Anyways as an update and just to give a few thanks. I have laid down my first all grain brew. Its a punk ipa clone of sorts and is bottled and conditioning just in time for Dec 25th. I had a taste pre bottling and its a good un. Ive called it Riopon Lea Ripper as a hat tipping exercise to my brother who lives in that area of Melbourne, Aus since its really been him that has been pushing me into it.The geek in me is getting labels printed. Special thanks to Bazza who despite him not knowing it made the process simple enough for me to understand, giving me the confidence to go ahead, when I turned up at the Hudson brew day. He, Andy and Kaipee were very patient. Id recommend this day to anyone with an interest. The lads are so helpful. And also a big thanks to the faceless forum punters who were always quick with sound advice. Gutted I couldnt make the Dec meet but the new year clears up a lot of time for me. Cheers guys. Its been very addictive and rewarding.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Bazza

Nice one Rory! No stopping you now you've got that first a.g. under your belt :)

A Punk IPA clone too? You have to share that recipe, and bring some along to the next club meet.

Glad to hear you got something out of the October brew day. I have to admit, there was one point in the day, just after we'd tripped the outside circuit, the rain clouds had gathered in great numbers and we were suddenly the only 4 people in the whole yard that I started to think to myself 'why the bloody hell did I agree to do this?', but I'm glad to hear that it paid off. We'll deffo do another one soon.

Cheers,

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx